2017 Summer Tax Seminar
Price: $249.00 $229.00*
Get 9 hours of CPE for the price of 8!
*Discount valid through June 1, 2017.
Get a heads-up on new tax issues with these important and intriguing topics
- See what's happening with tax reform — we'll spend as much time as necessary to cover the ifs, ands, and buts of tax reform
- Seek out greener pastures for retiring clients — compare tax and other financial issues for clients wanting to leave the Golden State for a no- or low-tax state
- Do some retirement planning to help clients stretch their pocketbooks
- Look at the pros and cons of nontraditional retirement investments
- Take advantage of a last-chance massive pension contribution
- Plan for RMD
- Dig into identity theft — protect yourself and help your clients who become victims
- Find answers to questions about technology and the new economy
- See how to deduct/amortize website development costs
- Clear up the mystery of how to treat software acquisition
- Find out how to deduct domain name acquisition
- Understand the issues associated with independent contractors and working remotely
- Learn how to report income from Airbnb and crowdfunding
- Find out the latest from IRS about Bitcoin
- Get a little levity at lunch when we look at crazy tax cases
Speakers to be announced
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|"Ton of information and excellent reference material for specific problems I encounter."|
Lee M. Willard, CPA, EA
|"Super informative and you leave with real life information."|
Elizabeth Hall, EA
|CPA and CFP||Up to 9 Tax|
|EA||Up to 9 Fed Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||Up to 9 Fed Tax|
|Attorney||Up to 7.5 General MCLE|
8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
|Lunch and Learn:
Noon to 1:15 p.m.
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 9 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs; up to 9 federal tax hours for EAs and CRTPs (CTEC); and up to 7.5 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. CFP level of complexity: Overview.
All Spidell Seminars include:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda break
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
*Discount valid through June 1, 2017.
We offer group discounts for parties of 5 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel fewer than seven (7) days before any seminar. Request refunds by July 31, 2016, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into self-study. Call: (714) 776-7850
This seminar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 9 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.