AB 5 - Client Letter - Spidell

AB 5 – Client Letter

Message Board AB 5 – Client Letter

• This topic has 22 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by Anna J. Capello.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      James Cha
      Participant

Does Spidell have a Client Letter covering AB 5?  I could not find one from the Tax Update manual or <span class=”il”>California</span> <span class=”il”>Taxletters.</span>

Michael Evans
      Participant

I would like to know as well. I was at the Spidell conference in Santa Barbara a week or two ago and I thought one of the speakers said Spidell would be sending out a letter regarding AB 5 that we could forward to our clients, do I remember correctly and if yes, when can we expect the letter? Thanks.

Sandy Weiner
      Participant

Spidell will be sending out AB 5 client letters to seminar attendees this week.

Anonymous

When might we expect this letter?

I’m holding off contacting my clients regarding F 1099 information in hopes of including the AB 5 letter.

Thanks

Austin Lewis
      Keymaster

All 2019/2020 Federal and California Tax Update seminar/webinar attendees will receive our AB 5 client letter via e-mail.

The letter was sent to November and December attendees on 12/31/19. James and Michael, you posted before we sent out that e-mail, but I checked and you were on the list of recipients.

January seminar attendees will receive the letter via e-mail within a week of attending their seminar.

Austin Lewis
      Managing Editor, Spidell

Anna J. Capello
      Participant

And how about those of us that did the webinar “on-demand”.  How do we get the letter?  Thanks

Anne DeGray
      Participant

I did not receive the letter. I attended the seminar in Sacramento on Dec. 17th? Where can I go to find it?

My e-mail: anne@degraytax.com or degraytax@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous

How can on demand attendees obtain the letter?

Maria Rondolo
      Participant

How about for those who attended the January seminar in Westlake Village?

Anna J. Capello
      Participant

Any chance of a response on this?

Lynn Freer
      Participant

Yes the letter will be emailed to the attendees no more than a week after the seminar.

Anna J. Capello
      Participant

Hi, again…  BUT I did the on-demand webinar.  HOW do I get the letter ????

James Cha
      Participant

How can I change the setting not to be notified of follow-up replies to this thread via email?

Lynn Freer
      Participant

I think if you just unclick Notify me of follow-up replies via email

James Cha
      Participant

No, that doesn’t work.  When I uncheck it and Submit, ERROR: Your reply cannot be empty.

Lynn Freer
      Participant

Click in reply box and do a character or a space, then change your notify box. If that doesn’t help, I’ll get someone on Monday. Sorry for the probem.

Anna J. Capello
      Participant

I find it very disappointing that the fact I did the on-demand webinar appears to relegate me to second-class treatment.  My request for the letter has been repeatedly ignored.  IS there a good reason?

Mark Bole
      Participant

I don’t work for Spidell, but maybe my experience will help someone else.

1. I attended a live 2019/2020 Fed/Cal update seminar.  On Dec 31st, I received an email with a link to a PDF document, labeled “AB 5, Extenders, and SECURE Act”.  Right at the top of page 1 of this document, there is a link to a client letter for AB5.
      2. I attended a webinar of the Dynamex and Independent Contractors 2-hr presentation.  On Dec 31st, I received an email with a link to the same place (AB5 client letter) as the one in the PDF file (#1).

So if you got the update supplement PDF link for the annual update seminar, look there for the AB5 link. You won’t necessarily get a stand-alone link for just the document.  Also, the letter is a Word (.doc) file, not a PDF.

Lynn Freer
      Participant

Anna

I will have the link resent to you on Monday. I don’t have access to the records now but I will be sure to have it sent or resent first thing Monday,

Anna J. Capello
      Participant

Thank you Lynn.  I often have to call as I don’t get the various links.  Yet when I do call, they are immediately sent to me, leading me to believe my correct email is on file.

Mark Bole
      Participant

” I often have to call as I don’t get the various links.”

But other people regularly do.  Without more details, we don’t know whether or not the problem is at your end (spam filters, certain types of attachments or links blocked, etc).  Since it seems a regular and ongoing problem for you, more trouble-shooting should probably be undertaken.

I’m glad Spidell is willing to respond directly to you in this forum.  My own preference would be to send customer service requests to Spidell customer service, and reserve this forum primarily for tax-related discussions.   I won’t be surprised if someone vehemently disagrees.

James Cha
      Participant

Anna J. Capello
      Participant

@Lynn – I finally just called this morning & now have the letter.  Thanks.

Viewing 22 reply threads