Amended partnership return? - Spidell

Amended partnership return?

Log in to Post

Message Board Amended partnership return?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #213646

      I was told that partnership returns cannot be amended anymore…is that true? If so, why?

    • #213703
      Mike Giangrande

      <span class=”fontstyle0″>For those partnerships that have not elected out of the CPAR regime, amended returns can no
      longer be filed to report a change to a partnership item, starting with the 2018 tax year. These
      changes are considered administrative adjustment requests (AAR) and must be reported on Form
      8082, Notice of Inconsistent Treatment or Administrative Adjustment Request. This also means that
      amended K-1s can no longer be filed. (IRC §6031(b); Instructions to Form 1065)</span>

Viewing 1 reply thread