California Wildfire Filing Timing Relief - Spidell

California Wildfire Filing Timing Relief

Message Board California Wildfire Filing Timing Relief

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by NICK WALDRON.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

On the IRS website there is some time relief due to CA wildfires, but only Northern CA counties are listed.  Is there any federal relief in the works for wildfires in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties?  I was evacuated for several days, will probably meet my deadlines (and clients’ taxes are paid in full for 2019 with timely filed extensions), but just wondered if any timing relief would be given for filing in these counties.  I see FTB mentions they will conform with the IRS.

Sandy Weiner
      Participant

To date, no southern CA counties have been added to the federal disaster declaration so there is no automatic extension relief for taxpayers in this county (although they may be eligible for reasonable cause extension).  Last week the Governor issued an executive order directing CA tax agencies to provide extension relief to all taxpayers impacted by the CA wildfires, but to date FTB has not provided any additional information regarding this relief.

NICK WALDRON
      Participant

Any update on this? Anyone have  link to the FTB falling in line with IRS for extended filing time in disaster declared counties?

NICK WALDRON
      Participant
Viewing 3 reply threads