E-file penalty related cases – February, 2019 Taxletter

Log in to Post

Message Board E-file penalty related cases – February, 2019 Taxletter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Peter Muffoletto 1 week, 2 days ago.

  • Author
  • #158666
    Helena Shepphird

    Our office experienced a “wrong Lacerte file submitted” and would like a chance to present our case to the OTA.  I am an enrolled agent.  How do I go about filing an appeal?  Can I do it or do we need an attorney?



  • #158668
    Peter Muffoletto

    You are not required to have an attorney to represent the taxpayer matter. As an EA you can do so. Should you need assistance let me know.

    Pete Muffoletto, CPA


    818 346-2160


  • #158669
    Sandy Weiner

    Helena, No you do not have to be an attorney and yes you can present the appeal at the OTA. Here’s the OTA publication on appeals. https://ota.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2019/03/OTA-Appeals-Procedures.rev1_.pdf

  • #158671
    Helena Shepphird

    thanks very much.

  • #158679
    Peter Muffoletto

    if you need assistance give John Faucher a call – his number is 818 889-8080.

    he has experience with the OTA. good tax attorney.