ITIN to SS Notification - Spidell

ITIN to SS Notification

Log in to Post

Message Board ITIN to SS Notification

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #258180
      Gerald Weiss

      When a taxpayer with an ITIN receives a social security number, they must notify the IRS so that the IRS may cancel the ITIN and transfer account to the SS.  Does FTB require any notification?

    • #260050
      Diane White

      The taxpayer should notify the FTB in writing of the change. They may mail the correspondence to Franchise Tax Board, P. O. Box 942840, Sacramento, CA  94240-0040. It is advisable for them to notify their bank and any credit reporting agency too.

Viewing 1 reply thread