Lynn Freer’s short video appears to indicate that taxpayers should do all three of the following three bullet points below.
1) including a statement with their original or amended Cal tax return, for the appropriate year, stating the taxpayers’ intent to make the election under Section 16d1 ofAB 91
2) writing “AB 91-Section 16 Election” in red ink on the top of each page of the original or amended return;OR
3) Mailing all “AB 91-Section 16 Election” returns to a specific FTB address.
However, the bullets are connected with an “or” rather than an “and” on the flash email text. The “or” makes it appear that taxpayers only have to complete 1 of the 3 bullets, while’s Ms Freer’s video indicates to do all three of these items.
Can someone at Spidell’s:
1. clarify where we can find the FTB’s procedures on the FTB site.
2. Whether all 3 or just 1 of the bulleted items below is required.