Do you want to stay logged in?

Message Board


October 06, 2016 • Anonymous • Log In to Post Comments

Client resides abroad, he was in usa  in 2015 for about 70 days, out of that he was in CA for 45 days,

He has Rental and personal RES in CA and in other states.He has Foreign Income of Wages,. Interest and Div.

is he eligible to file NR for CA?


That depends. If he is a resident he must file and include income from all sources. You will have to look at where  he was when he left, where he will go when he is finished working there. What is he doing with the residence in CA? What are his closest ties for personal, social, and business ties? You might want to use Spidell's booklet Guide to California Residents and Nonresidents.


Send To A Friend