Do you want to stay logged in?

Message Board

Pension taxes withheld and how to submit to either EDD or FTB

November 04, 2016 • Harvey Lawson • Log In to Post Comments


I have a client that is a Profit Sharing Plan with Merrill Lynch and is paying out to a Beneficiary a large amount of Gross Proceeds.  Therefore, I want to have state income taxes withheld but Merrill does know how to submit them.

The Plan is not one of Merrill's and is causing a problem.


They submit the taxes to the EDD. They should go to for information on efiling but basially they use the same for as for an employee except they only enter the withholding on the form and nothing in the wage box.


Send To A Friend