Do you want to stay logged in?

Message Board

Change of CA LLC to CA SCorp

January 20, 2017 • John Dryden • Log In to Post Comments

If an LLC has always filed as an S Corp with the IRS and CA , is it necessary when changing CA entities to apply for a new FEIN for the S Corp if there is no change to the S Corp election?




The IRS requires a new EIN whenever a corporation receives a new charter from a state's secretary of state.  When an LLC coverts to a corporation in California, the California secretary of state issues a new corporate charter.  So the answer is yes, you need a new EIN.

 Here is a link to the IRS' website with the requirements:


Send To A Friend