The IRS has launched its new Information Returns Intake System (IRIS) portal for filing 1099s, as mandated by the Taxpayer First Act of 2019. IRIS allows users to:
- Fill and file Forms 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV and other 1099 forms (there is a full list at the link below);
- Submit up to 100 records per upload with CSV templates;
- File corrected Forms 1099;
- Manage issuer information;
- Request automatic extensions to file Forms 1099; and
- Bulk file with Application to Application (A2A).
Tax professionals can access the IRS system application at:
Keep in mind that the May 15 extended filing deadline for some California counties does not apply to information returns in the 1099 series.
The access to IRIS and more information is available at:
Sign up for Spidell’s 2022/23 Federal and California Tax Update and get all the information you need to be ready for tax season. Click here for a list of remaining webinar dates.
Sign up for Spidell’s Flash E-mail — Get breaking news delivered to your inbox, plus other free analysis and information for tax professionals. Join our community and stay at the top of your game. Click here to sign up.