Wildfire victims are also eligible for relief from various filing/payment deadlines that fall between November 8, 2018 and before April 30, 2019.1 Impacted taxpayers will have until April 30, 2019 to comply with:
• 2018 individual income, corporate income/franchise tax, S corporation, partnership, and estate and trust returns and payments;
• Quarterly estimated income tax payments;
• Quarterly payroll and excise tax returns;
• Form 5500 series returns;
• Tax exempt organization returns filed on extension;
• Like-kind exchange compliance deadlines.
In addition, penalties on payroll and excise tax deposits due on or after November 8, 2018, and before November 23, 2018, will be abated as long as the deposits are made by November 23, 2018.
These extenstions apply for both federal and California purposes, as California automatically conforms to federal postponement periods for any Presidentially declared disasters.2
1 IRS News Release CA-2018-013
2 R&TC §18572