Applications for property tax deferment for the 2019–20 tax year are now available on the State Controller’s website:
Applications are accepted October 1, 2019, through February 10, 2020, and are approved on a first-come, first-served basis as funds are available.
Senior and disabled taxpayers have their property taxes on their primary residence postponed if they:
- Are at least age 62, blind, or disabled;
- Own and occupy their primary residence;
- Have a total income of $35,500 or less;
- Have at least 40% equity in the property; and
- Do not have a reverse mortgage on the property.