The FTB has released some tips for correctly filing FTB Form 593, Real Estate Withholding Statement:
- Submit the form for the tax year the sales transaction took place;
- Do not make modifications to the form;
- The seller must complete the Perjury Statement when applicable;
- The seller must always sign the form. The buyer must sign only when the transaction is an installment sale; and
- Be sure all applicable parts are complete and review the form for errors.
FTB Form 593 was revised in 2020 to incorporate several forms; as such, you should no longer file FTB Forms 593-C, 593-E, or 593-I. (Common Errors Made on Form 593, Real Estate Withholding Statement (May 26, 2021))