New CDTFA online system will be released in May
Starting May 7, 2018, the CDTFA will release a new online system for filing returns and paying tax for the various tax and fee programs they administer. (CDTFA Publication 388, Tax Information Bulletin (March 2018))
The system, Centralized Revenue Opportunity System (CROS), will provide online services for:
- Sales and use taxes;
- Prepaid mobile telephony services surcharge (other than telecommunication service suppliers);
- Lumber products assessment;
- Cigarette and tobacco products licensing;
- Covered electronic waste (eWaste) recycling fee;
- California tire fee; and
- Cigarette and tobacco products Internet purchases.
The current online system will be shut down on May 1, 2018. Taxpayers will need to create a new system profile to register with CROS; user IDs and passwords used with the current system will not work.