Spidell's Quarterly Tax Update® (Various dates including February 1, 2018)
2017/18 Fed/Cal Tax Update is good for up to 8 hours of CPE*
Want 16 hours? Click here to get our 16-hour bundle for a low price.
Stay ahead of the curve and kick off the quarter with a two-hour discussion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. Then get quarterly updates all year!
You can't get enough information on tax reform, so order one session — or all four for a big discount. You'll also get any other news you need to keep your clients current, as well as new tax planning strategies to minimize taxes under this giant tax law overhaul. Sign up today for all four of our topic-driven webinars and rest assured knowing you'll get reliable and pertinent updates on trending tax topics.
By completing the February 1 course, you will:
- Learn about individual provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017:
- What happens to state income and property tax?
- When does the ACA individual mandate go away?
- What deductions survived the Schedule A hatchet?
- What do you mean we still have AMT?
- Dig through the complex new Schedule C and passthrough entity deduction:
- How do you compute it?
- Do service businesses qualify?
- Investigate new business issues:
- Does the new 20% corporate rate mean tax cuts for all?
- Is an S corporation still better than a C?
- Have you heard about the bonus depreciation bonanza?
- Understand California conformity:
- Does California conform to the new tax reform law?
- Will California conform?
- What will happen to the California return?
- Get up to date on recent IRS procedures you’ll need to know for tax season
- See if there is an extender bill in our future
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
Make the connection:
Get four 2-hour live webinars with personalized e-mail follow-ups to address your questions
- February 1
- April 24
- July 31
- Late October 2018
Noon to 2:00 p.m. PT
(October 2018 webinar date to be announced. If you miss your live webinar, you may convert to an on-demand webinar.)
|"This format of 2 hours once a quarter is fabulous! It's a great way to reinforce our knowledge."|
Deborah St. Martin, EA
For a look inside the Quarterly Tax Update community, download a follow-up letter here: http://bit.ly/qtuletter
Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
Mike Giangrande is a California licensed attorney, and has been a tax practitioner for over 15 years. He is licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court, has a B.S. in Accounting and an LL.M. (Tax) from Chapman University, and has a J.D. from Whittier Law School with a certificate of concentration in business law. Mike has spent time as an adjunct professor of law at Whittier Law School teaching various tax courses, he currently serves as a member of the Orange County Assessment Appeals Board, and he serves on the board of directors for two charitable organizations.
Kathryn Zdan, EA
Kathryn Zdan, EA, is Spidell Publishing's Editorial Director. She writes and assists in research and editing articles for Spidell's California Taxletter® and Spidell's Federal Taxletter®. She also updates many of Spidell's special reports. She has a master's degree from California State University, Fullerton, and completed her undergraduate work at the University of Michigan.
|EA||2 Federal Tax Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax Update|
|CA Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Here are just some of the benefits:
- Get up to two hours of CPE per webinar while staying current on hot tax news
- PDF of reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Benefit from live interaction with our seasoned tax experts
- Get anonymous answers to your questions during the live presentation
- Stay current if hot news hits, with short as-needed videos between quarterly updates
- Leisurely enjoy an on-demand version if you have to miss a live webinar
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $59 more get the 2017/18 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study** good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Call (714) 776-7850, fax the order form, or order online.
How to order online:
- Add the 2017/18 Federal and California Tax Update Self-Study to your cart.
- Add the 2017/18 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUSSS17 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
**Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $80 when purchased separately.
With special access to Spidell's Quarterly Tax Update® Webinars, you will get:
- Clear, concise explanations of new tax laws, regulations, recent court cases, and administrative actions
- Information to protect your clients, year-round, from new aggressive inquiries and tax policies
- Confidence to tackle complicated federal and California issues as they happen
- Answers to "quick questions" from your clients to alleviate concerns and help them plan their year
- Details on new policies, IRS interpretations, and law changes
Can't attend the live webinar?
Order the on-demand version instead.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Fields of Study: Taxation. Delivery Method: Group Internet-based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.
|EA-Fed Update||2 each|
|CRTP-Fed Update||2 each|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive