Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
Mike Giangrande is a California licensed attorney, and has been a tax practitioner for over 15 years. He is licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court, has a B.S. in Accounting and an LL.M. (Tax) from Chapman University, and has a J.D. from Whittier Law School with a certificate of concentration in business law. Mike has spent time as an adjunct professor of law at Whittier Law School teaching various tax courses, he currently serves as a member of the Orange County Assessment Appeals Board, and he serves on the board of directors for two charitable organizations.
Spidell's Quarterly Tax Update® (Various dates including July 25, 2017)
Trending tax topics from the experts!
Kick off each quarter with a tax recap delivered straight to you
|Save these dates for your Quarterly Tax Update Webinars:|
|Tuesday, July 25||Tuesday, October 31||Late January 2018||Late April 2018|
|Noon to 2 p.m. Pacific Time|
Don't wait all year to get ready for tax season — Spidell has the solution. Spend just two hours with us each quarter to stay current on tax changes that will affect you and your clients. Sign up today with a special introductory offer on all four of our topic-driven webinars.
After completing the course from April 25, you will:
- See how to help clients while waiting for the POA to be processed
- Discover the IRS’s search for U.S. bitcoin owners
- Learn about a disbarred attorney who can still file tax returns
- Find out about checking the box: What to file, what to do if you don’t file, and how to prepare the return for the change-over year
|"This format of 2 hours once a quarter is fabulous! It's a great way to reinforce our knowledge."|
Deborah St. Martin, EA
Topics for the January 31 webinar included:
- Clarify new HRA rulings along with insurance consequences for S corporation shareholders
- Get an up to the minute take on executive orders that affect taxpayers
- Compare the tax reform plans of the GOP and President Trump
- See how an LLC manager was personally liable for the member's tax
- Uncover new fraud schemes targeting tax professionals and see what to do about them
- Confirm the new due date and extended due date changes for FBAR and business returns
With special access to Spidell's Quarterly Tax Update® Webinars, you will get:
- Clear, concise explanations of new tax laws, regulations, recent court cases, and administrative actions
- Information to protect your clients, year-round, from new aggressive inquiries and tax policies
- Confidence to tackle complicated federal and California issues as they happen
- Answers to "quick questions" from your clients to alleviate concerns and help them plan their year
- Details on new policies, IRS interpretations, and law changes
|Designation||CPE Hours (per webinar)|
|EA||2 Federal Tax Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax Update|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Here are just some of the benefits...
- Get up to two hours of CPE per webinar while staying current on hot tax news
- PDF of reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Benefit from live interaction with our seasoned tax experts
- Get anonymous answers to your questions during the live presentation
- Stay current if hot news hits, with short as-needed videos between quarterly updates
- Leisurely enjoy an on-demand version if you have to miss a live webinar
Additional CPE is not available for this course. Additional attendees must purchase webinar to receive CPE.
Can't attend the live webinars? Order the on-demand versions instead!
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
Kathryn Zdan, EA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Fields of Study: Taxation. Delivery Method: Group Internet-based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
|EA-Fed Update||2 each|
|CRTP-Fed Update||2 each|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive