Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
Arturo is a former Board of Accountancy investigator, a nationally recognized public speaker, researcher, and seminar leader with almost 30 years of experience in taxation, ethics, standards of practice, and internal quality control. Art owns and operates his own public accountancy firm offering services to both the public and private sectors. He represents CPAs before the California Board of Accountancy's disciplinary committee, provides litigation support, performs peer reviews, and offers advisory services concerning all aspects of ethical practice.
Fundamentals of Fraud Prevention & Detection (May 10)
Thursday, May 10
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time
This course addresses fraud related issues from the perspective of small to medium sized accounting firms. The goal of this course is to increase fraud awareness; to help accountants and auditors to understand their fraud related responsibilities in accordance with the accounting and auditing standards; and to help accountants understand the types of fraud that are being committed in today's fast paced business environment. Topics include an analysis of the statistical information presented by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners in their 2016 Report to the Nations; a discussion of the auditor's role in addressing fraud; and an assessment of the accountant's responsibility for fraud in compilation and review engagements.
This course will enable you to:
- Identify potential red flags indicating that material fraud may exist;
- The typical profile of someone that commits fraud, embezzlement, or misappropriates assets;
- The fraud triangle: pressure, opportunity, and rationalization;
- Why individuals commit fraud;
- The most common types of fraud and when fraud is most likely to occur;
- The best methods for fraud detection;
- The accountant's responsibility to report fraud under the compilation and review standards;
- The auditor's fraud related responsibilities for financial statement engagements;
- The benefits employers can achieve with an effective whistleblower program; and
- Methods to reduce CPA exposure to fraud risk.
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 4 hours of CPE for one attendee (CPAs only)
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $30 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Three easy ways to order:
Download order form below and fax to (714) 776-9906, call us at (714) 776-7850, or order online!
Can't attend the live webinar? Order the on-demand version instead!
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Accounting (Fraud). Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the self-study version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
|CPA-Acctng||4 Accounting (Fraud)|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive