Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
Mike Giangrande is a California licensed attorney, and has been a tax practitioner for over 15 years. He is licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court, has a B.S. in Accounting and an LL.M. (Tax) from Chapman University, and has a J.D. from Whittier Law School with a certificate of concentration in business law. Mike has spent time as an adjunct professor of law at Whittier Law School teaching various tax courses, he currently serves as a member of the Orange County Assessment Appeals Board, and he serves on the board of directors for two charitable organizations.
Spidell's Quarterly Tax Update®
Trending tax topics from the experts!
|Watch for your next on-demand Quarterly Update Webinars available on or before:|
|Thursday, February 8||Tuesday, May 1||Tuesday, August 7||Tuesday, November 6|
Kick off each quarter with a tax recap delivered straight to you (wherever you are)
Don't wait all year to get ready for tax season — Spidell has the solution. Spend just two hours with us each quarter to stay current on tax changes that will affect you and your clients. Sign up today with a special introductory offer on all four of our topic-driven webinars.
After completing the October 31 course, you will:
- Learn Lynn Freer's favorite planning technique that has a big upside and no downside if tax reform passes
- See what Wayne Otchis says about taking or selling stock at a gain
- Review Tim Hilger's ACA planning tips
- See how taxpayers lost premium tax credit repayment cases
- Review current California wildfire relief provisions and details of making the IRC §165(i) election for disaster losses
- See why the Equifax data breach makes identity theft unavoidable
- Find out how to apportion trust income for part-year California residents
- Answer our subscriber's question: What if I checked the final box on a final return that isn't final?
- Take advantage of IRS simplification of portability extension requests
- Beware of pitfalls of filing a zero balance extension
With special access to Spidell's Quarterly Tax Update® Webinars, you will get:
- Clear, concise explanations of new tax laws, regulations, recent court cases, and administrative actions
- Information to protect your clients, year-round, from new aggressive inquiries and tax policies
|Designation||CPE Hours (per webinar)|
|EA||2 Federal Tax Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax Update|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Here are just some of the benefits...
- Get up to two hours of CPE per webinar while staying current on hot tax news
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- PDF of reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Stay current if hot news hits, with short as-needed videos between quarterly updates
Space is limited and this special introductory offer will not last. Register today!
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
Kathryn Zdan, EA
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. There are no prerequisites required. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Fields of Study: Taxation. Delivery Method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.
|EA-Fed Update||2 each|
|CRTP-Fed Update||2 each|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive