2017 Basic Trust Webinar
Create a new revenue stream for your practice
Overview of Trusts
Presented by: Renée Rodda, J.D.
- See why tax reform won't change the need for trusts
- Understand the various types of trusts and how to use them
- Learn why even a client with minimal assets should consider a grantor trust
- Be ready to answer clients' questions about different trusts, such as:
- A-B trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Special needs trusts
- QTIP trusts
- See how taxation of these trusts works
- Understand California's filing and taxing requirements
- Find out about probate and how it works
- Discover situations where you might want to go through probate
- Scare your clients with the Table of Consanguinity — i.e., who gets your assets if there's no will or trust
Preparing the 1041
Presented by: Claudia Hill, EA, MBA
- Put pencil to paper on a 1041
- Decide who pays tax — the trust or the beneficiary
- Know what DNI means and how to properly report it on the return
- See how to read a trust document and why it's vitally important
- Clarify the difference and how to deal with an A/B/C trust
- Read a trust document and see how to decide what to file
- Understand the difference between fiduciary accounting and tax accounting
- Learn which deductions are subject to a 2% floor and how to compute them when there is tax exempt income
- Find out when distribution is mandatory
- Take advantage of the 65-day rule
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|"This is a great way to get your feet wet on trusts. There is so much information, you could take it every year for a brush up."|
Donna Henderson, EA
|"This trust boot camp seminar is a must for all practitioners. I highly recommend this A+ seminar."|
Tuan V. Phan, EA, MS, MA
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
Attendees of Spidell's 2017 Basic Trust Seminar, Live Webinar, and Self-Study are not eligible for this course.
See why Spidell's 2017 Basic Trust On-Demand Webinar is your best choice:
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $70 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs (CFPs do not receive credit for webinar or self-study versions of this course); 8 hours of Federal Tax for EAs and CRTPs, and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive