Tim is a speaker at Spidell's Federal and California Tax Update seminar. He was a part of Spidell's editorial department for more than 15 years, and he continues to write and edit the federal chapters of Spidell's Federal and California Tax Update seminar manual. Tim has a BS in business administration (accounting) from California State University Long Beach and a MS in taxation from Golden Gate University.
Taxation of Legal Marijuana
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Learn about the new regulations for the sale of recreational marijuana
- Understand federal and California taxation of marijuana
- Sort out the California excise and sales taxes on marijuana
- See the difference between a “flower” and a “leaf” and how each is taxed
- Discuss the banking issues/problems
- Be aware of which marijuana-related goods or services are subject to tax
- See how to allocate expenses between related activities and the sale of cannabis
- Understand IRC §280E and the cost accounting principles you need to maximize COGS
- Become comfortable with Circular 230 and your performance of services for marijuana businesses
- Compare the taxes for medical vs. recreational marijuana
- See how some cities and counties are gearing up for implementation
|EA||1 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||1 Federal Tax and 1 CA Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- CPE for one attendee: 2 hours for CPAs, 1 federal tax hour for EAs, 1 federal tax hour and 1 CA tax hour for CRTPs (CTEC), and 1.5 General MCLE for attorneys
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive