With this two-hour course, you will:
- Get an in-depth discussion of multistate business issues:
- How to apportion income to California
- See what happens when other states’ rules differ from California
- Review recent FTB guidance on subcontractors, built-in gains, mergers and acquisitions, and more
- Clarify the throwback and throw-out rules
- See how these cases impact your clients:
- Holding company and accumulated earnings tax
- FTB and IRS crack down on S corporation ESOPs
- Compare California and federal R&D credit rules, and discuss using the R&D credit against payroll taxes
- Discover the FTB’s ruling on the Other State Tax Credit — disallowed for many other state business taxes
- Discover tax and accounting firms who got the California competes credit
- Take home a checklist of other California credits
||2 CA Tax
||1.5 General MCLE
Course level: Intermediate
General knowledge of corporate tax returns is required.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
Learn about Spidell's Webinars.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Renée Rodda, J.D.
Renée is Vice President of Spidell Publishing, Inc.® and editor of Spidell's California Taxletter® and Spidell's Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes®. She authors the California chapters of Spidell's Federal and California Tax Update seminar manual and is a regular speaker at Spidell's fall update seminars, summer seminars, and webinars. She has a BA from San Diego State University and is a graduate of Chapman University School of Law with a Tax Law Emphasis.
Sandy Weiner, J.D.
Sandy Weiner, J.D., brings almost two decades of experience as a California tax analyst with an expertise in business tax issues. She assists practitioners with complex tax issues such as apportionment, combined reporting, and state credits and incentives. She is also an expert on conformity issues. She is a graduate of Colorado College with her J.D. from Hastings College of the Law.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. General knowledge of corporate tax returns is required. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General knowledge of corporate tax returns is required.