With this one-hour course, you will:
- Understand Medicare coverage for nursing homes
- See when MediCal will cover nursing home care
- Tax plan for Medicare surcharge
- Uncover how gifting property and cash affect government subsidy of nursing home costs
- Find out how annuities, community property, and more affect MediCal coverage
- Use trusts to protect assets from estate recovery
- Clear up confusion about gifting and estate recovery
- Review gift tax rules
||1 Specialized Knowledge
||.75 General MCLE
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- CPE for one attendee: 1 hour of Specialized Knowledge for CPAs, and .75 General MCLE for attorneys
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
Learn about Spidell's Webinars.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Christine Brown, Esq.
Christine received her bachelor’s degree from U.C. Santa Barbara and is a 1992 graduate of the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. She is formerly a partner in the law firm of Popeney, Lebetsamer & Brown, LLP. In January 2002, she opened her own law firm which concentrates solely in the area of elder law. Her special emphasis is on Medi-Cal long-term care planning and the concerns of the elderly, while also applying her extensive experience in estate planning, trust administration, probate, and conservatorships.
Christine is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), the South Bay Bar Probate and Estate Planning Section, and other community organizations concerned with the needs of older adults. As an active member of her community and State Bar, Christine volunteers regularly at various Superior Court Probate Departments in assisting the public with legal issues. She works regularly with California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (“CANHR”) and the Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the California State Board of Accountancy; and the California Bar Association. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for one hour of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.