Regulatory Review: Practicing Within the Law
Author: Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
This course is approved by the California Board of Accountancy and meets its regulatory review requirements. There is no discussion of theory, only practical application and frequent humorous insight using "war stories" and case studies. This course addresses the various provisions of the California Accountancy Act and the California Board of Accountancy Regulations with an emphasis on those provisions currently applicable to the practice of public accountancy. Further, this course provides an overview of historic and recent disciplinary actions taken by the Board, highlighting the misconduct that led to discipline.
Completion of this two-hour course will enable you to:
- Receive a 208-page PDF manual
- Apply the Board's rules and regulations to everyday practice
- Learn how the recently codified SSARS 21 will impact the Board's rules and regulations and how those changes may affect you
- Understand how a DUI can potentially expose you to Board disciplinary action, including five years probation and mandatory participation in a rehab program
- Find out how the Board is using criminal information obtained from its retroactive fingerprinting program
- Comply with the recent changes in CE requirements
- Avoid discreditable acts, such as failing to file your firm's or your personal tax returns, that could result in Board discipline
- Determine how a CPA can smoothly transition into retired status
|CPA||2 Regulatory Review|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
Course materials produced by Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
Arturo, a former Board of Accountancy investigator, is a nationally-recognized public speaker, researcher, and seminar leader with over 30 years of experience in taxation, ethics, standards of practice, and internal quality control. Art owns and operates his own public accountancy firm offering services to both the public and private sectors. He represents CPAs before the California Board of Accountancy's disciplinary committee, provides litigation support, performs peer reviews, and offers advisory services concerning all aspects of ethical practice.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Regulatory Review. Delivery Method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
|CPA-Ethics||2 Regulatory Review|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive