Life Cycle of LLCs and Partnerships
This product is available as a complete book (Federal and CA) without CPE credit. Customers may purchase 4 hours of Federal credit or 2 hours of CA credit by also adding the CPE option(s) to their shopping cart before checkout. See descriptions below for more information.
Prefer the print version? Call (714) 776-7850
Includes an 90-page PDF manual
Volume I: Pre-formation considerations, formation decisions, operational issues, selling or ceasing, inheriting a business, LLCs and estate and gift taxes, and when to use a single-member LLC
With this four-hour federal section, you will be able to:
- Recall the liability for partners within a partnership
- Identify the consequences for business entities that are suspended
- Recall the repercussions of a technical termination for a domestic limited partnership
- Determine when a transaction involving the contribution of money or property in exchange for a business interest is considered a disguised sale
- Identify the tax consequences when a profits interest in an LLC is offered to a service provider
- Recall the self-employment tax treatment for LLC members
- Choose which fringe benefits are taxable to a partner
- Determine the consequences of converting from an LLC to a partnership
Volume II: California-specific LLC issues
With this two-hour California section, you will be able to:
- Recall where a California single-member LLC reports income and loss
- Determine when the Ralite case applies to LLCs
- Identify the conditions under which an LLC is considered to be doing business in California
- Recall when an out-of-state member of a California LLC must file a state return
- Choose what is included in the LLC fee computation
- Determine the process whereby a single-member LLC elects corporate treatment
|CPA||Up to 6|
|EA||4 hours federal tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||4 hours federal tax and/or 2 hours CA|
|Attorney||Up to 5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. The federal portion of this self-study has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E). The federal and California sections of this self-study have been designed to meet the requirements of the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for up to 6 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery Method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
|CPA-Tax||Up to 6|
|Attorney-MCLE||Up to 5|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive