Life Cycle of a Corporation
Author: Spidell Publishing, Inc.
This product is available as a complete book (Federal and CA) without CPE credit. Customers may purchase 7 hours of Federal credit or 1 hour of CA credit by also adding the CPE option(s) to their shopping cart before checkout. See descriptions below for more information.
Prefer the print version? Call (714) 776-7850
Includes a 129-page PDF manual
Volume I: Pre-formation considerations, formation decisions, operational issues, selling or ceasing, inheriting a business, LLCs and estate and gift taxes, and when to use a single-member LLC
With this seven-hour federal section, you will be able to:
- Find out about §199A and tax reform changes
- Recall the requirements for electing and maintaining S corporation status
- Identify the tax consequences when an S corporation pays back cash that has been contributed
- Determine the basis of appreciated property transferred to a corporation under IRC §351
- Choose the appropriate calculation for making IRC §7519 payments
- Recall when a C corporation is subject to the personal holding company tax
- Select which C corporations are subject to the accumulated earnings tax
- Recall how the IRS treats dividend payments from a C corporation in light of the issue of reasonable compensation
- Determine when the sting tax applies
- Recall when to deduct state taxes under federal income tax laws
- Identify the circumstances under which a shareholder is liable for corporate taxes upon the corporation’s liquidation or merger
Volume II: California-specific LLC issues
With this one-hour California section, you will be able to:
- Recall the Secretary of State’s restrictions on choosing a corporate name
- Select the appropriate franchise tax rate for nonfinancial corporations
- Identify how preclearance affects the filing of business entity documents for a California domestic stock corporation
- Determine when a corporation is considered legally dissolved
- Recall when a dissolving California corporation is not subject to the minimum tax
|CPA||Up to 8|
|EA||7 hours federal tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||7 hours federal tax and/or 1 hour CA|
|Attorney||Up to 6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. The federal portion of this self-study has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E). The federal and California sections of this self-study have been designed to meet the requirements of the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for up to 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery Method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
|CPA-Tax||Up to 7|
|Attorney-MCLE||Up to 5.5|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive