Spidell's Analysis and Explanation of California Taxes® 2018 Edition (The Big Blue Answer Book™)
Book ships and online access begins January 2018.
Your most reliable and essential how-to tax guide (For preparing 2017 tax returns)
Spidell's Analysis and Explanation of California Taxes® (The Big Blue Answer Book™) is easy to understand and extensively cited. With this hands-on manual, you'll get coherent analysis, links to regulations, practical examples, and detailed directories indispensable to any California tax professional. Here are some of the topics that are new for the 2018 edition:
- Information on the new self-certification process for IHSS workers
- Revised partnership return filing deadlines go into effect for 2017 returns
- The FTB released Notice 2017-01, regarding Swart-type claims for refund
- Update on the nonconsenting nonresident member tax assessed against LLCs with nonresident members
- How to treat other-state taxes for the purposes of the OSTC, and why the Revised Texas Franchise Tax doesn't qualify
- Process for tax debtors to request a hearing from the FTB to be released from license suspension
- Update on new power of attorney forms required by the FTB
- New form allows representatives who don't have a MyFTB account receive client information
- New marijuana taxes going into effect in 2018
*Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
What you get
- FTB — An exhaustive review of conformity for individuals and businesses, and new LLC and corporate issues
- BOE — A comprehensive discussion of taxable and exempt sales and how to register and file
- EDD — Practical information on filing, payment, and worker classification
- Property tax — An analysis of change of ownership rules and penalties
Guarantee of excellence
You must be happy with your purchase of Spidell's Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes® (The Big Blue Answer Book™). If ever you are not entirely satisfied, you may receive a full refund of your purchase price.
Reliable and essential
Download a sample "Quick Guide to California Nonconformity", one of The Big Blue Answer Book's most popular features.
For Californians, by Californians
"The Big Blue Answer Book™ is a quick, up-to-date reference for those tricky rules and regs."
— Skylar Dubrow, CPA; Westlake Village, CA
"The Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes is the most thorough California tax guidebook available. It covers far more than any other publication, and is well researched and reviewed every year."
— Bill Frederick, EA; Glendale, CA
The practical California guidebook
Watch a Spidell staff member use The Big Blue Answer Book™ to answer real tax questions from our message board.
Use The Big Blue Book online
Order online access and use our Research Corner to find accurate answers quickly. Director of Editorial, Kathryn Zdan, EA, shows you how.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Poor Excellent
Enter the code in the box below:
Note: The code is case sensitive