2017 Basic Trust Seminar
Price: $249.00 $229.00*
Are you a trust novice? This seminar is for you!
*Discount valid through May 1, 2017.
Create a new revenue stream for your practice
Overview of trusts
Presented by: Renée Rodda, J.D.
- See why tax reform won't change the need for trusts
- Understand the various types of trusts and how to use them
- Learn why even a client with minimal assets should consider a grantor trust
- Be ready to answer clients' questions about different trusts, such as:
- A-B trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Special needs trusts
- QTIP trusts
- See how taxation of these trusts works
- Understand California's filing and taxing requirements
- Find out about probate and how it works
- Discover situations where you might want to go through probate
- Scare your clients with the Table of Consanguinity — i.e., who gets your assets if there's no will or trust
Preparing the 1041
Presented by: Claudia Hill, EA, MBA
- Put pencil to paper on a 1041
- Decide who pays tax — the trust or the beneficiary
- Know what DNI means and how to properly report it on the return
- See how to read a trust document and why it's vitally important
- Clarify the difference and how to deal with an A/B/C trust
- Read a trust document and see how to decide what to file
- Understand the difference between fiduciary accounting and tax accounting
- Learn which deductions are subject to a 2% floor and how to compute them when there is tax exempt income
- Find out when distribution is mandatory
- Take advantage of the 65-day rule
|"This is a great way to get your feet wet on trusts. There is so much information, you could take it every year for a brush up."|
Donna Henderson, EA
|Choose a date to register|
Monday, May 22, 2017
Holiday Inn San Jose — Silicon Valley
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Crowne Plaza Sacramento Northeast
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Great Wolf Lodge Garden Grove
June 26—27 (Monday and Tuesday)
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time
|Available by July 5|
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
Do your clients still need trusts?
Renée Rodda, J.D. answers this question and other topics that will be covered at this year's 2017 Basic Trust Seminar.
|CPA and CFP||8 Tax|
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|CA Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs; up to 8 hours of federal tax CPE for EAs; 8 hours of federal tax CPE for CRTPs and up to 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. CFP level of complexity: Overview.
We offer group discounts for parties of 5 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
Free client letter: "Trust mistakes of the rich and famous"
See what happened to Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Heath Ledger, and others who died without a will
Register today and receive a free client letter, "Trust mistakes of the rich and famous." Get your clients to start thinking about trusts and assure them that their tax preparer has the skill and knowledge to help. Send this letter today for trust work tomorrow!* Click here to read an excerpt.
*Please allow 2–3 business days to receive client letter.
Compare Spidell to the others:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda/coffee break at all locations
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are dissatisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, no questions asked. Guaranteed.
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel fewer than seven (7) days before the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into self-study. Request refunds by May 31, 2017. No refunds will be issued after May 31, 2017. Call: (714) 776-7850.
*Discount valid through May 1, 2017.
This seminar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.