2017 Estate and Trust Seminar
Price: $249.00 $229.00*
Boost your trust know-how
*Discount valid through October 2, 2017.
Grow your practice and promote your trust skills
Join us at our 2017 Estate and Trust Seminar and build your reputation as a trusted tax advisor to the growing number of clients who need help with complex trust issues.
Planning for Clients with Special Needs
Presented by: Phillip Roitman, Esq.
- Learn why, how, and when to use special needs trusts
- Identify and resolve related estate planning issues
- Understand why proper planning is crucial
- Explore the complex world of public benefits
- Walk through the administration and taxation of first-party and third-party special needs trusts
- Learn about recent law changes affecting clients with special needs
Electing IRC §645 Treatment for a Trust
Presented by: Claudia Hill, EA, MBA
- Understand electing IRC §645 treatment for a trust
- Benefits of making the election
- Timing of making the election
- How to make the election
- See why you should treat a revocable trust as part of the estate
- Review case studies illustrating how to make the election
Advanced Trust and Tax Planning
Presented by: Jacob Stein, Esq.
- Explore various international tax planning techniques
- Compare advanced asset protection structures, including offshore planning and banking
- Explore advanced estate tax planning, including FLPs, IDGTs, SCINs, and GRATs, and planning for portability
- Identify advanced planning and structuring techniques, including captive insurance companies and transactions designed to defer capital gain taxation
- Learn cutting-edge tools employed by practitioners
- Recognize underlying substantive law concepts and how to apply laws to creative planning
- Hone your ability to creatively approach tax planning problems
- Learn about state of the art irrevocable trusts, utilizing state law ability to revoke, use of trust protectors, and tax consequences
- Delve into complex estate planning considerations
Pick a date and change it later at no charge, if needed
|"A valuable presentation of all the info you do not get from reading the usual research materials."|
James F. Krueger, CPA
|Choose a date to register|
Monday, October 23, 2017
San Diego Scottish Rite Event Center
Monday, October 30, 2017
Hilton Sacramento Arden West
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
South San Francisco Conference Center
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Holiday Inn San Jose — Silicon Valley
November 6–7 (Monday and Tuesday)
2 days: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time
|Available by November 14|
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|CPA and CFP||8 Tax|
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General knowledge of estates and trusts is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs; up to 8 hours of federal tax CPE for EAs; 8 hours of federal tax CPE for CRTPs and up to 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. CFP level of complexity: Overview.
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel fewer than seven (7) days before the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar to the live or on-demand webinar. Request refunds by November 8, 2017. No refunds will be issued after November 8, 2017. Call: (714) 776-7850.
We offer group discounts for parties of 5 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
Compare Spidell to the others:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda/coffee break at all locations
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are dissatisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, no questions asked. Guaranteed.
|"Every CPA dealing with trusts or estates should take these classes."|
James S. McBride, CPA
*Discount valid through October 2, 2017.
CFPs do not receive credit for webinar versions of these courses. These seminars and webinars have been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714- 776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877- 850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. These seminars and webinars are designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Intermediate Level. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live, Group Internet-Based, and Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General knowledge of Estate and Trusts is required. For more information visit www.caltax.com.