2017 Summer Tax Seminar
Price: $249.00 $229.00*
Get 9 hours of CPE for the price of 8!
*Discount valid through June 1, 2017.
Get your tax season questions answered
Technology and taxes — what about the “sharing economy”?
Presented by: Steve Yukelson, CPA
Find answers to questions about technology and the new economy:
- Learn how to report income from Airbnb and VRBO
- Review crowdfunding tax issues, including sales tax traps
- Understand the issues associated with independent contractors and working remotely:
- Office in home
- Uber and Lyft drivers
- Find out the latest from the IRS about Bitcoin
- See how to deduct/amortize website development costs
- Clear up the mystery of how to treat software acquisition
Most asked-about topics
Presented by: Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
- Solar — the truth and the myths:
- Learn what is included:
- Condo projects
- Residential rental property
- See how the HERO and PACE programs work
- Be proactive with a client letter about the credit
- Learn what is included:
- Identity theft — protect yourself and your clients:
- Understand how to deal with the IRS and the FTB when a client had identity theft in the past
- See how much a hack of your system can cost you
- Take home a list of safe computing suggestions
- IHSS — who and what to exclude
- Marijuana — will it be legal to sell on January 1, 2018?
- Compare sales taxes for medical vs. recreational cannabis
Crazy tax cases (Optional lunch topic discussion)
Presented by: Lynn Freer, EA
Enjoy lunch and earn another hour of CPE while Lynn talks about these tax cases — and more:
- See how the Cohan rule came about
- Find out what happened when the boyfriend paid off his wife’s ex-lover and then filed a 1099
- Meet Chesty Love — who beat the IRS
- Groan when you learn about the man giving money to his lover who left him before his divorce was finished
- Untangle the web of the boyfriend, COD, and the girlfriend who said she wasn’t a shareholder
Retiring to greener pastures with more gold
Presented by: Renée Rodda, J.D.
- Help your client who wants to leave California:
- Compare tax and other financial issues for clients wanting to leave the Golden State for a no- or low-tax state
- Take home a chart comparing taxes in other states
- See which states tax IRAs and pensions
- Uncover the challenges of retiring to another country
- Understand how to use the Other State Tax Credit and Foreign Tax Credit
- Do some retirement planning to help clients stretch their pocketbooks:
- Look at the pros and cons of nontraditional retirement investments
- Take advantage of a last-chance massive pension contribution
- Help your client decide when to start taking Social Security and how Medicare works
- Simplify complex IRA issues:
- See what to do about missed RMD and failed IRA rollovers
- Review IRA rollover rules that apply to beneficiaries
|"A ton of information and excellent reference material for specific problems I encounter."|
Lee M. Willard, CPA, EA
|"Super informative and you leave with real-life information."|
Elizabeth Hall, EA
|Choose a date to register|
Monday, July 10, 2017
Holiday Inn San Jose — Silicon Valley
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
South San Francisco Conference Center
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasanton at the Club
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Crowne Plaza Sacramento Northeast
Friday, July 14, 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles-Westside
Monday, July 17, 2017
Scottish Rite Event Center
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-Orange County
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center
August 1–2 (Tuesday and Wednesday)
8:30 a.m. to noon Pacific Time
|Available by August 9|
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|CPA and CFP||Up to 9 Tax|
|EA||Up to 9 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||Up to 9 Federal Tax|
|CA Attorney||Up to 7.5 General MCLE|
8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
|Lunch and Learn:
Noon to 1:15 p.m.
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 9 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs; up to 9 federal tax hours for EAs and CRTPs (CTEC); and up to 7.5 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. CFP level of complexity: Overview.
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel fewer than seven (7) days before the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into self-study. Request refunds by July 31, 2017. No refunds will be issued after July 31, 2017. Call: (714) 776-7850.
Compare Spidell to the others:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda/coffee break at all locations
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
We offer group discounts for parties of 5 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are dissatisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, no questions asked. Guaranteed.
*Discount valid through June 1, 2017.
This seminar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 9 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.