Spidell’s Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes® 2023 Edition (The Big Blue Answer Book®)
The most complete and best-priced California tax guide
Here are 5 reasons why The Big Blue Answer Book® is the guide you want to use:
- Be current: Your book and online service are updated throughout the year to incorporate major changes
- Get all your questions answered using the lowest priced, highest quality California tax guide available
- Use it as your reliable roadmap that includes all California tax agencies. See how laws work, how to file forms, and how to fix problems
- Don’t just get a rehash of federal law or California publications — get insightful analysis, helpful examples, plus conformity traps and treasures
- Most important: Your Spidell’s Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes® is written for California tax pros by trusted California experts
Get the 2023 edition where you’ll get a complete discussion of the passthrough entity elective tax and corresponding credit:
- Know the June 15 prepayment rules and which forms to use to make payments of the tax
- Learn what constitutes a qualified entity, qualified income, and a qualified taxpayer for purposes of the tax
- Get details on the interplay between the tax and nonresident withholding
- See how the passthrough entity elective tax credit can reduce estimated tax payments
Plus, you’ll get up-to-date legislation and analysis with practical advice on preparing forms, facing an audit, abating penalties — you name it. Here are some of the key updates:
- See who qualifies for California’s Middle Class Tax Refund and how these payments will be treated
- Find out about California’s long-awaited first-time penalty abatement program
- Understand when California may tax a sale of a partnership interest by a nonresident
- Learn about the FTB’s new look-through approach for sourcing revenues for subcontractors
- See how to dispute a CalSavers penalty
- Get further updates to Proposition 19 base-year value transfers and parent–child transfers
- Understand retailers’ new collection and remittance responsibilities for cannabis taxes
†Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
|Your choice: Online, print, or both!|
1 year online access
(plus sales tax and shipping)
Printed book only
(plus sales tax and shipping)
Both book and 1 year online access
Orange Tax and Business Services
*Customer service representatives available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.
What you get
- FTB — An exhaustive review of conformity for individuals and businesses, and new LLC and corporate issues
- BOE — A comprehensive discussion of taxable and exempt sales and how to register and file
- EDD — Practical information on filing, payment, and worker classification
- Property tax — An analysis of change of ownership rules and penalties
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase of Spidell’s Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes® in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Reliable and essential
Download a sample “Quick Guide to California Nonconformity”, one of The Big Blue Answer Book’s most popular features.
For Californians, by Californians
“The Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes is the most thorough California tax guidebook available. It covers far more than any other publication, and is well researched and reviewed every year.”
— Bill Frederick, EA; Glendale, CA
Trying to access your current online Big Blue Answer Book? Click here and head to the Research Corner
The practical California guidebook
Learn why The Big Blue Answer Book® is THE practical tax guidebook and your best filing season companion.
Use The Big Blue Book online
Order online access and use our Research Corner to find accurate answers quickly. Director of Editorial, Kathryn Zdan, EA, shows you how.
There are no reviews yet.