2018 Estate and Trust
2018 Estate and Trust Self-Study
Despite tax reform, trust return preparation is the fastest growing area in the tax world. Purchase this course and be ready to prepare returns and answer your clients’ trust questions.
Dig into basic 1041 preparation
Author: Claudia Hill, EA, MBA
- Get a 77 page PDF manual
- Walk through preparation of the return
- Learn about the importance of reading the trust document, and knowing what to look for
- Understand the differences when the 1041 is for the estate
- Discover elections frequently associated with 1041s
- See why you might elect to take administrative expenses on the trust rather than the estate
- Review the basics, including FEINs, exemption amounts under the TCJA, and the role of the fiduciary trust
- Grasp the importance of trust accounting income
- Compute DNI — see why you need to
- See how to handle distributions of current income after the end of the trust’s tax year
- Ask yourself, “What is my time and expertise worth?”
Estate and trust planning after TCJA
Author: Renée Rodda, J.D.
- Get a 70 page PDF manual
- Realize that your clients will still need trust and estate plans
- Learn about the benefits of different types of trusts
- Discuss whether portability is still an issue
- Take home examples of how different trusts work
- Review estate basis reporting after the TCJA
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advance preparation required.
Attendees of Spidell’s 2018 Estate and Trust Seminar, Live Webinar, and On-Demand Webinar are not eligible for this course.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. No advance preparation is required.