2021 Post-Tax Season Update and Review
Available by May 19, 2021
Electronic version only
Price: $259.00 $239.00*
*Discount valid through May 3, 2021.
Review, refresh, and arm yourself to tackle extensions
Biden tax proposals and stimulus bill:
- Understand how the UI exclusion from income can enhance other benefits on your clients’ returns. Note you cannot amend a return from MFJ to MFS. It must be a superseding return filed by May 17, 2021.
- Prepare to file amended or superseding returns if something changed since you filed
- Learn who gets the increased child credit and how to compute it
- Uncover Biden’s potential tax rate increases
- Find out how the last stimulus payments will be reconcile
Get answers to these questions that have flooded our message board:
- How do you report the credits for sick and family leave on the federal and California returns?
- Do I figure the PPP or the Employee Retention Credit wages first?
- What do I do if the EDD continued to send UI when my client went back to work?
- How do I report an incorrect or fraudulent 1099-G for UI on the federal return?
- What do I do for California if my client over age 70½ made an IRA contribution?
Do 2020 tax planning when filing the return:
- Decide when to report COVID-19 IRA/pension distributions
- Help clients with net unrealized appreciation
- See how to increase IRC §199A deductions
- Set up pension plans now to cut 2020 taxes
- Understand how filing MFS will benefit some married couple with AGI over $150,00
Get a jump on 2021 planning:
- Consider the effect of rate increases and estate exemption decreases
- See how Proposition 19 affects property transfers, including big unanswered questions
- Build your practice and help your clients avoid a big tax increas
Get a PPP update:
- Compute deduction add-back on California returns. Will AB 80 ever be enacted?
- Make sure your clients don’t miss out on the expanded Employee Retention Credit
Counsel your clients who ask about moving out of the state or the country:
- Consider the benefits and pitfalls of living outside the U.S.
- Compare a client who leaves California and will survive an FTB audit with one who won’t
2020 Summer Tax Webinar Vendors
Note: Not all vendors at all locations
Two easy ways to order:
Call us at (714) 776-7850 or order online!
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
CFPs do not receive credit for the self-study version of this course
Prefer the live or on-demand webinar?
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Hear what past summer attendees had to say:
*Discount valid through May 3, 2021.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This course has been designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.