Accounting and Financial Reporting in a Post-COVID Economy
Author: Steven C. Fustolo, CPA
Electronic version only
The objective of this course is to address the accounting and financial reporting for the current post-COVID economic climate including the effects of inflation, supply-chains, rising interest rates, and other events on company financial statements for 2022 and 2023.
With this 4-hour course you will:
- Get a 126-page PDF manual
- Recognize some types of concentrations that might require disclosure under the risk and uncertainty rules
- Identify the definition of near term
- Recall the frequency in which an entity should test goodwill for impairment
- Recognize some exit and disposal costs
- Recall how to classify business interruption insurance proceeds on the financial statements
- Recognize the relationship of a change in interest rates on real estate values
- Identify the benchmark used to determine going concern
- Recognize how to report on going concern in an audit
- Identify a method that can be used to measure variable consideration revenue
- Recognize an example of a construction-type contract
- Identify an advantage of remote auditing
- Identify whether the LIFO IPIC approach is acceptable for GAAP
|CPA||2 Accounting and 2 Auditing|
Course level: Overview
General understanding of accounting, financial reporting, auditing, and compilation and review standards is required.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (800) 277-2257
Spidell Publishing, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Overview. Field of Study: Accounting and Auditing. Delivery Method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (800) 277-2257. Prerequisite: General understanding of accounting, financial reporting, auditing, and compilation and review standards is required.