2020/21 Federal and California Tax Update
Available by December 1, 2020
Price: $249.00 $209.00*
Just when we started to feel comfortable with the TCJA…
We’re preparing every day for the 2020/21 Federal and California Tax Update, which will be chock-full of analysis, examples, and case studies you’ll need as you apply these massive changes in your practice. Don’t miss important information on these issues and more:
- Reconcile economic impact payments, and see when an EIP must be returned to the IRS
- Use the new above-the-line charitable contribution
- Return tuition or room and board to a §529 plan
- Learn about the repeal of the kiddie tax and elections
- Compute the taxability of UI and leave benefits
- Amend for retroactive individual extenders
Pensions — BIG changes
- Consider IRA contributions after age 70 ½
- Learn about options for clients taking penalty-free distributions:
- Choices for reporting income
- When to pay back
- New rules for plan loans
- Understand and tax plan for new inherited IRA rules
- New for 2020: Set up your 2020 pension plan in 2021
- Plan for new RMD rules
- Claim pension-related business credits
- Having a child? Get a penalty-free distribution
- Retroactively claim these TCJA changes:
- NOL carrybacks under the CARES Act
- Qualified improvement property election
- Excess business loss limitations
- See five elections available for the business interest limitation
- Finalize PPP loan forgiveness applications, and see how to handle unforgiven debt
- Take all available payroll tax benefits under FFCRA:
- Employer-paid sick and family leave
- Postponed payroll tax payments
- Employee retention credit
- Get a brief overview of amending partnership returns
IRS practice and procedures
- Get the status of IRS installment payments and OICs
- See what functions the IRS still doesn’t have
- Understand statute of limitations extensions on collections and audits
- See if California conforms to federal changes:
- NOL carryback
- PPP forgiveness
- Excess business loss limitations
- See how massive unemployment will hurt your clients
- Prepare for EDD AB 5 audits
- Watch the FTB go after the unemployed for lack of health insurance
- Suggest the EDD’s work sharing program to help workers and employers
Use Spidell’s multiple pages of Families First and CARES Acts charts all filing season to quickly answer your questions.
Attend early and get new tax planning strategies
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
Two easy ways to order:
Call us at (714) 776-7850 or order online!
COVID-19 and our seminars
At this time we have no live seminars scheduled due to COVID-19 restrictions. If we are able to conduct the live seminars, we will notify you and you may switch to a live seminar for an additional $50 fee to cover lunch and other amenities.
|EA**||6 Fed Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Fed Update and 2 CA|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs; 6 hours of Federal Update for EAs**; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $69 more get the 2020/21 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study† good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Order online or call (714) 776-7850.
How to order online:
- Add the 2020/21 Federal and California Tax Update Self-Study to your cart.
- Add the 2020/21 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUS20 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
†Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $89 when purchased separately.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
*Discount valid through June 30, 2020.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.