2020/21 Federal and California Tax Update
Electronic version only
Price: $249.00 $249.00
Discount expires November 6, 2020
Just when we started to feel comfortable with the TCJA…
We’re preparing every day for the 2020/21 Federal and California Tax Update, which will be chock-full of analysis, examples, and case studies you’ll need as you apply these massive changes in your practice. Don’t miss important information on these issues and more:
New federal stimulus bill
- Learn how Congress overruled the IRS rule on reducing expenses for PPP forgiveness
- Get details on increased UI/PUA benefits and another stimulus check
- Find out about the extension of payroll tax deferral and credits for paid sick and family leave
- Help your clients deduct the “Three martini lunch”
- See which businesses qualify for tax-free economic aid
- Use pension changes to decrease income
- Revisit estate plans due to inherited IRA rules
- IRC §199A remains fertile ground for strategic planning
- Help clients maximize the 0% capital gain tax rates
- Get the most out of your client’s charitable contributions
- Learn how to offset a large Roth rollover when moving into a retirement community
- Reconcile economic impact payments, and see when one must be returned to the IRS
- Use the new above-the-line charitable contribution and increased deductible contributions
- Understand how NOLs and charitable contribution carryovers work
- See how to return tuition or room and board to a §529 plan
- Learn about the repeal of the kiddie tax and whether to amend
- Compute the taxability of UI and leave benefits
- Amend for retroactive individual extenders
Pensions — BIG changes
- Consider IRA contributions after age 70½
- Learn about options for clients taking penalty-free IRA distributions:
- Choices for reporting income
- When to pay back
- New rules for plan loans
- Understand and tax plan for new inherited IRA rules
- New for 2020: Set up your 2020 pension plan in 2021
- Plan for new RMD rules
- Having a child? Get a penalty-free distribution
- Finalize PPP loan forgiveness applications, and see how to handle unforgiven debt
- Retroactively claim these TCJA changes:
- NOL carrybacks under the CARES Act
- Qualified improvement property election
- Excess business loss limitations
- See five elections available for the business interest limitation
- Take all available payroll tax benefits under the FFCRA:
- Employer-paid sick and family leave
- Postponed payroll tax payments
- Employee retention credit
- See how to complete the new payroll tax forms
- Get a brief overview of amending partnership returns and why to extend partnership returns
IRS practice and procedures
- Get the status of IRS installment payments and OICs
- See what functions the IRS still doesn’t have
- Understand statute of limitations extensions on collections and audits
- Review new forms and revisions
- Be ready for increased enforcement of AB 5
- See how increased unemployment means more payroll audits
- Uncover new California nonconformity to federal changes:
- NOL carryback
- PPP forgiveness
- Excess business loss limitations
- Watch the FTB go after the unemployed for lack of health insurance
- Suggest the EDD’s work sharing program to help workers and employers
- See how property tax propositions, the election, and wealth taxes may change tax planning
Use Spidell’s multiple pages of Families First and CARES Acts charts all filing season to quickly answer your questions.
Attend early and get new tax planning strategies
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
Two easy ways to order:
Call us at (714) 776-7850 or order online!
Frequently Asked Questions
|Will a print book be available?||No||No||No|
|Is an exam required for credit?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can I answer attendance monitoring polls for live CPE?||Yes||No||No|
|Can I start and stop the course when I want?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Will I get a recording of the lecture?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Can I chat my questions to Spidell staff?||Yes||No||No|
|Can I have access to the PowerPoint slides?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Will I receive an updated PDF manual and follow-up letter after the course?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
COVID-19 and our seminars
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will not have live seminars. Our webinars will have the same high-quality speakers and a top-quality PDF manual you’ll use all year.
|EA**||6 Fed Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Fed Update and 2 CA|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
CFPs do not receive credit for the self-study version of this course.
Attendees of the 2020/21 Federal Only Tax Update webinar and self-study are not eligible for continuing education credit for this course.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs; 6 hours of Federal Update for EAs**; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
Register now for Spidell’s Federal and California Tax Update webinar and receive Spidell’s Tax Planning Client Letter and Checklist and Tips to Prepare Yourself and Your Office for Tax Season, so you can help your clients and get an early start on work that will go into next year.
*Please allow 2 business days for e-mail delivery of your Tax Planning Client Letter and Checklist and Tips to Prepare Yourself and Your Office for Tax Season.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $69 more get the 2020/21 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study† good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Order online or call (714) 776-7850.
How to order online:
- Add the 2020/21 Federal and California Tax Update Self-Study to your cart.
- Add the 2020/21 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUS20 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
†Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $89 when purchased separately.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
*Discount valid through November 6, 2020.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.