2020 Post-Tax Season Update and Review
Author: Spidell Publishing, Inc.
All about the Families First Act, the CARES Act, plus last year’s SECURE Act, AB 5, and more
Families First Act
- Which employers must provide paid sick leave and paid family leave
- How to recoup the employer-paid leave from the IRS
- What to do when July 15 comes
- Planning tax liabilities for multiple years
- New IRA RMDs, distributions, and penalty forgiveness
- Which TCJA provisions were temporarily repealed?
- What if your client didn’t get the right tax rebate?
- How can my small business get a forgivable loan?
- Using new planning strategies for RMDs
- Work around old stretch IRAs
- §529 plan changes
- Directions on treating a worker as a federal 1099 worker and a California W-2 employee
- Use old EDD audit guidelines to make decisions — and there are stiff penalties if you make the wrong choice
- Learn the exceptions to AB 5
- Get worksheets and checklists to document exceptions
- Review pending legislation
- Learn how to “amend” partnership returns for partnerships both covered and not covered by the Centralized Partnership Audit Regime
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
*Discount valid through May 1, 2019.
This self-study is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This course is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.