2021 Summer Tax
Electronic version only
Price: $259.00 $239.00
*Discount valid through July 6, 2021.
IRC §199A, Worker Classification, Partnerships, and Complex IRA Issues
Update on IRC §199A
Presented by: Thomas A. Gorczynski, EA, USTCP
- Be ready when the IRS audits your client’s IRC §199A return — audits have begun
- Discuss the future of the IRC §199A considering Biden’s plan and how to plan around changes
- Will IRC §199A be repealed or scaled back?
- How will a corporate rate increase affect which entity to choose?
- Dig into whether the rental property is a trade or business
- Understand tax planning opportunities to maximize a taxpayer’s IRC §199A deduction
Presented by: Renée Rodda, J.D.
- Find out about the EDD auditing businesses that sent 1099s to workers who filed for unemployment
- Find out how the court said the EDD can’t go back before 2020 to change classification, but the taxpayer still lost the case. Good for us: Bad for the taxpayer
- Compare the Borello factors with AB 5
- See how Proposition 22 modified AB 5
- Take advantage of the IRS’ Voluntary Worker Classification Settlement Program
- Compare current federal rules for worker classification with Biden’s desire to institute an AB 5 strategy
Presented by: Tim Hilger, CPA
- Prepare for CPAR audits — Commissioner Rettig has announced that the IRS is gearing up to begin them
- Learn how to report adjustments from a CPAR audit
- Understand opting in or out of CPAR
- Understand how to use a superseding return when a mistake was made on the original return
- Get an update on new partnership basis reporting rules
Complex IRA issues
Presented by: Mike Giangrande, J.D., LL.M.
- Understand the complexities of having property, business income, and collectables in the IRA
- Use examples to explain the new inherited IRA rules
- Uncover new strategies to stretch out IRA distributions for inherited IRAs
- Learn tax planning techniques when reporting COVID-19–related IRA distributions
2020 Summer Tax Webinar Vendors
Note: Not all vendors at all locations
Two easy ways to order:
Call us at (714) 776-7850 or order online!
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
CFPs do not receive credit for the self-study version of this course
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Hear what past summer attendees had to say:
*Discount valid through July 6, 2021.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This course has been designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.