2023 Summer Tax
Available by July 19, 2023
Electronic version only
Price: $259.00 $229.00*
*Discount valid through May 5, 2023.
Partnership and S-corporation Issues
- Master basis calculations, including completing Form 7203 for S corporation shareholders
- Discuss basis adjustments for unique situations, including unreimbursed partner expenses, loans, IRC §754 elections, and owner buy-outs
- Refresh yourself on S corporation proportionate distribution rules
- Learn why relying only on S corporation or LLC limited liability protection is not enough
- Make sure you know how to prevent entity owners from being liable for entity level taxes
- Understand when you should make an S corporation election and the mechanics of late election relief
- Update yourself on W-2 and K-1 reporting rules for health insurance, retirement accounts, and other partner/shareholder benefits
Retirement and investment planning:
- Learn about new proposed RMD regulations, and make sure your clients are taking proper RMDs
- Learn about those nontraditional investments your clients are asking about
- Be prepared for the IRS crackdown on the taxation of cryptocurrency
- See what to consider for your clients retiring out of California
- Discuss stock options, and what they mean for your clients’ tax liabilities
- Understand why some clients will still invest in qualified opportunity zones
- See what changes are being considered under the SECURE Act II
2020 Summer Tax Webinar Vendors
Note: Not all vendors at all locations
Two easy ways to order:
Call us at (800) 277-2257 or order online!
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|CFP® Professional||8 Hours|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE/Tax Specialization|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Prefer the webinar?
Hear what past summer attendees had to say:
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
*Discount valid through May 5, 2023.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, LLC has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This course has been designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.