Wednesday, January 8, 2020, from 8:30 AM to 4:45 PM
Price: $279.00 $269.00*
Best price, best value, flexible to suit your needs
*Discount valid through December 31, 2019.
2017/18 Fed/Cal Tax Update is good for up to 8 hours of CPE*Want 16 hours? Click here to get our 16-hour bundle for a low price.
Join more than 18,000 tax professionals who trust Spidell to prepare them for tax season
Here's some of what you'll learn:
- Include IHSS payments for EIC (Feigh case)
- Discover why many taxpayers will still deal with alimony income and deductions
- Review mortgage interest limitations
- See how new NOL limitations may help your clients
- Take home a pension comparison chart. Which is best:
- Profit sharing plan?
- Defined benefit plan?
- Get penalty relief for missed RMDs
IRC §199A deduction
- Understand all the IRS clarifications from January until the seminar
- Review the basics and then dig into the complex
- Get Spidell's take on when a rental qualifies for the deduction
- See exactly what deductions reduce QBI
- Walk through the computation
- See what the IRS says about paying wages to partners, members and sole proprietors
- Compare bonus depreciation to IRC §179 expensing
- Review new business meals and entertainment:
- 100%, 50%, or 0% deductible?
- What's a meal?
- Is food provided to staff deductible?
- What's a snack?
- Understand the new business loss haircut
- Don't forget the sleeper: CPAR (partnership audit rules) in place
Real estate and investment
- See how passive losses interact with IRC §199A and the business haircut
- Review stock option income reporting and problems with broker statements
- Opportunity zone funds are the latest great tax strategy: see why
- Dig into the state's attempt to abolish independent contractors
- Understand what Wayfair means to your California retailer clients
- Avoid FTB letters on §1031 reporting
- Consider exit strategies for high income clients leaving the state
- Find out about California's health care mandate
- See how to elect retroactive conformity to:
- Small business accounting
- Partnership technical terminations
- Prepare your business clients for new required savings plan
- Uncover weird partial conformity to NOLs, 1031s, the business loss limitation, and ABLE and §529 plans
- Discover the new California young child tax credit
- Take advantage of tax planning strategies — come in November or December
- See how to request a first-time penalty abatement
- Understand the new federal Taxpayer First Act
- Review the mailbox rule
Take home our famous
Tax Update manual
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
2019/20 Federal and California Seminar Vendors
Note: Not all vendors at all locations
2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update: What's covered?
Renée Rodda, J.D., gives you a preview of topics that will be presented at the 2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update Seminars.
|CPA and CFP**||8 Tax|
|EA***||6 Fed Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Fed Update and 2 CA|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs**; 6 hours of Federal Update for EAs***; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys.**CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course. CFP level of complexity: Intermediate. ***EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
We offer group discounts for parties of 11 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $69 more get the 2019/20 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study† good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Call (714) 776-7850, fax the order form, or order online.
How to order online:
- Add the 2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update Seminar to your cart.
- Add the 2019/20 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUS19 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
†Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $89 when purchased separately.
All Spidell Seminars include:
- One-day live seminar with 8 hours of CPE***
- Plus option to purchase additional 8 hours of low-cost CPE. Pre-order today and save! Click here
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A 400+ page printed, profit-generating manual
- An updated PDF manual sent in early February
- Extensive update of California issues integrated with federal information
- FREE parking at all locations, continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon soda/coffee break
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
***EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
Can't attend the live seminar?
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel within seven (7) days of the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into self-study. Request refunds by January 31, 2020. No refunds will be issued after January 31, 2020. Call: (714) 776-7850.
*Discount valid through December 31, 2019 **CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course. ***EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs (CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course); 6 hours of Federal Update CPE for EAs; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. This seminar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.