Monday, May 20, 2019, from 8:30 AM to 4:45 PM
Put your questions together and get ready to finish returns you extended
IRC §199A review and update
- Review the basic computation of IRC §199A, including how to get it on the forms
- Learn how to include IRC §199A on a K-1 and what to look for when you get one
- Uncover the good, the bad, and the ugly of taking the safe harbor for rental properties
- Understand what can be aggregated with what — and what can’t
- Look at new guidance on which businesses are and aren’t an SSTB
- Figure out how to handle multiple businesses, one with net income and one with a loss
- See how unclear law creates software problems:
- What is the order of taxes when taking the state and local tax deduction?
- What about NIIT?
- Where does the self-employed insurance deduction go?
- Must we reduce QBI by pension and IRA contributions?
- Dig through new guidance on who is an SSTB
- Work through the computations of IRC §199A and how to get it on the K-1 and Form 1040
- Clarify how and what wages and assets are used in the wage/asset computation
TCJA and other new issues
- See how to actually make the accounting method change election:
- See how to handle the California difference and get an update on possible conformity
- Understand refinancing and TCJA mortgage interest limits
- Find out how to trace loans to increase interest deductions
- Review NOL changes and how to maximize disaster losses and NOLs
- Get the latest on extenders
- Small partnership election (CPAR) — applies if you only do one small partnership return:
- Grasp the significance of this new change
- See how to make the election — a revision of the partnership/LLC agreement may be necessary
- Business interest limitation:
- See who it applies to
- What information will you need to compute it?
Withholding and W-4s
- Take advantage of a critical mid-year discussion with your clients about withholding
- See how the IRS’s online calculator is worthless
Opportunity Zone Funds
- Compare this novel concept to IRC §1031 exchanges
- See how to defer and sometimes eliminate capital gain
- Take cash and defer the gain
- Use this strategy for sales of businesses, property, or stock gains
California conformity: What might happen? We may have some answers for you
Wayfair — the new sales tax bite will affect California retailers and sellers
|Choose a date to register|
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Crowne Plaza Sacramento Northeast
Monday, May 20, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
South San Francisco Conference Center
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center
Thursday, May 16, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Great Wolf Lodge
Friday, May 17, 2019
Marriott Mission Valley
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
June 5 and 6 (Wednesday and Thursday)
2 days: 8:30 a.m. to Noon PT
|Available by Thursday, June 13|
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday — Friday 7:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. PT.
|CPA and CFP||8 Tax|
|EA||8 Fed Tax Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Fed Tax Update|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Update General tax preparation knowledge is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs; up to 8 hours of federal tax update CPE for EAs; 8 hours of federal tax update CPE for CRTPs and up to 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. CFP level of complexity: Intermediate.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
We offer group discounts for parties of 5 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
Compare Spidell to the others:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda/coffee break at all locations
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel within seven (7) days of the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into self-study. Request refunds by May 31, 2019. No refunds will be issued after May 31, 2019. Call: (714) 776-7850.
These seminars have been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org. Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. These seminars and webinars are designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.