San Jose 5/20/2020
Wednesday, May 20, 2020, from 8:30 AM to 4:45 PM
Price: $279.00 $249.00*
8 hours plus 1-hour optional lunch session
*Discount valid through April 30, 2020.View Seminar Locations Order now $249
AB 5, SECURE Act, and an update of tax season issues, problems, and more
- Do a deep dive into AB 5, including:
- When can you, and how do you, treat a worker as an independent contractor for federal and an employee for California?
- Does doing so risk a federal audit?
- How will you report the income on the California return?
- Will payroll services be able to accommodate the nonconformity?
- Compare federal and California independent contractor rules
- Uncover recent court cases, including the ones filed by truckers and freelance photographers
- Look at pending legislation and understand what could and probably won't happen
- See how old EDD audit guidelines are still valuable in making employee/independent contractor decisions
- Take home worksheets and checklists to document exceptions to AB 5
- Understand the ugly penalties that can be assessed for misclassification
- Prepare for new planning strategies under the SECURE Act and see:
- New strategies for postponing RMDs
- Why the '49ers are the lucky ones
- If stretch IRAs are dead
- The advantage and disadvantage of IRA contributions after age 70
- How to use IRA and pension funds for adoption
- Use §529 plan funds to pay student loans
- Look at the extenders and decide which clients should amend returns
- Determine the fate of the solar credit and review how to claim it
- Clue in on what else happened during tax season and what you should do about it
|Choose a date to register|
Monday, May 11, 2020
Scottish Rite Event Center
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Crowne Plaza Sacramento Northeast
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Great Wolf Lodge
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center
Thursday, May 21, 2020
South San Francisco Conference Center
May 27–28 (Wednesday–Thursday)
2 days: 8:30 a.m. to Noon PT
|Available by June 4, 2020|
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|CPA and CFP||Up to 9 Tax|
|EA||Up to 9 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||Up to 9 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||Up to 7.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Guarantee of excellenceYour satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Compare Spidell to the others:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda/coffee break at all locations
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
Cancellation Policy:$50 cancellation fee if you cancel within seven (7) days of the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into self-study. Request refunds by May 31, 2020. No refunds will be issued after May 31, 2020. Call: (714) 776-7850.
*Discount valid through April 30, 2020.
These seminars have been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. These seminars and webinars are designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.