Friday, July 17, 2020, from 8:30 AM to 4:45 PM
Price: $279.00 $249.00
Get 9 hours of CPE for the price of 8!
*Discount valid through June 1, 2020.View Seminar Locations
Dig into nonresidents, real property, choice of entity, and K-1 to 1040
This July at Spidell’s 2020 Summer Tax Seminar, you’ll get the detailed information you need to cut your clients’ taxes, reduce audit exposure, and be the best you can be for your client.
Here's what's on the agenda:
Nonresidents — how to become one and what's taxable
Presented by: Lynn Freer, EA
- Understand how to end California residency
- Plan for disposing of business and investment assets after becoming a nonresident
- Prepare in advance for a likely residency audit
- Find out when California can tax nonresidents' stock options, intangibles, and pensions
- See how California taxes nonresident sole proprietors and see how to reduce that tax liability
Real property transactions
Presented by: Alan Pinck, EA
- Learn how to properly report sales of rental and business property
- Dig into effects of gifting real property — is it ever a good idea?
- What happens to suspended passive losses?
- How do you compute the recipient's depreciation?
- How is gift tax reported?
- Understand how holding title affects tax on the sale and inherited basis
- Plan which property your client should receive in the divorce
- Understand California's Proposition 13 issues when transferring property
Choice of entity
Presented by: Renée Rodda, J.D.
- See how and why to elect corporate treatment for an LLC
- Compare IRC §199A benefits when picking an entity type
- Use Spidell's Choice of Entity Comparison Chart to help the decision
- Understand the benefits and pitfalls of using an LLC for estate planning purposes
- Answer the question: Is a single member LLC a good idea?
Properly report partnership K-1s on the 1040
Presented by: Tim Hilger, CPA
- See where all the IRC §199A information goes
- Uncover the IRC §199A safe harbor election on K-1s combined with other rental property
- Understand the required basis reporting requirements
- See how to claim IRC §179 and IRC §754 elections on the partner's current and future 1040s
- Take home a worksheet to track partnership/LLC items from year to year
Plus: Enjoy a one hour lunch panel — employee vs. independent contractor (AB 5) update
|Choose a date to register|
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center
Thursday, July 16, 2020
South San Francisco Conference Center
Thursday, July 23, 2020
Marriott Mission Valley
Friday, July 17, 2020
Crowne Plaza Sacramento Northeast
Friday, July 24, 2020
Great Wolf Lodge
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
Course time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Lunch and Learn: Noon to 1:15 p.m.
Late July 2020 Date TBD
2 days: 8:30 a.m. to Noon PT
|Available one week after live webinar|
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|CPA and CFP||Up to 9 Tax|
|EA||Up to 7 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||Up to 7 Federal Tax and 2 CA Tax|
|Attorney||Up to 7.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 9 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs; up to 7 federal tax hours for EAs; up to 7 federal tax hours and 2 CA tax hours for CRTPs (CTEC); and up to 7.5 General MCLE hours for attorneys. CFP level of complexity: Intermediate.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Compare Spidell to the others:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda/coffee break at all locations
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel within seven (7) days of the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into the webinar or self-study. Request refunds by July 31, 2020. No refunds will be issued after July 31, 2020. Call: (714) 776-7850.
*Discount valid through July 1, 2019.
These seminars have been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. These seminars and webinars are designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.