Tuesday, July 16, 2019, from 8:30 AM to 4:45 PM
Price: $269.00 $259.00*
Get 9 hours of CPE for the price of 8!
*Discount valid through July 1, 2019.View Seminar Locations
Focus on real estate and the IRC §199A deduction
Spend a day with us in July at Spidell's annual summer seminar. This year's day is devoted to understanding new TCJA real estate issues and deep dives into areas that are hot IRS and FTB audits right now.
Here's what's on the agenda:
- Understand when and how to claim IRC §199A on rental real estate
- Find out if owning one rental can qualify as a trade or business
- Understand how the safe harbor election works
- See how aggregating for the safe harbor is completely different than for real estate professionals
- Learn what can be aggregated with what
- See why the majority of taxpayers lose a real estate professional audit
- Get principal residence issues down pat:
- Review the mortgage interest deduction in light of the TCJA
- Explore basis and the IRC §121 exclusion for inherited and gifted property
- Find out how divorcing clients, deceased spouses, or prior rental of a property affect IRC §121
- Review critical depreciation issues for rental property
- What’s the status of repair regulations for landlords?
- Can you claim an IRC §179 deduction on residential or commercial rental property?
- When and how is depreciation recaptured?
- Properly report short-term rentals on the 1040
- Uncover the hidden pitfalls when doing a §1031 exchange
- Grasp drop and swap
- Be aware of due dates and extensions
- Know the details of timing and record-keeping
- Review the status of cost segregation studies
- Work through complex installment sale computations and subsequent repossessions
- Get the details on the great new Opportunity Zone Fund investments
|Choose a date to register|
Monday, July 15, 2019
Marriott Mission Valley
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Holiday Inn San Jose — Silicon Valley
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim/Orange County
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasanton At The Club
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center
Thursday, July 25, 2019
Crowne Plaza Sacramento Northeast
Thursday, July 18, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles — Westside
Friday, July 26, 2019
South San Francisco Conference Center
July 31 and August 1 (Wednesday and Thursday)
2 days: 8:30 a.m. to Noon PT
|Available by August 8|
|Phone: (714) 776-7850 | Fax: Order form to (714) 776-9906|
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|CPA and CFP||Up to 9 Tax|
|EA||Up to 9 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||Up to 9 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||Up to 7.5 General MCLE|
|Course time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.||Lunch and Learn: Noon to 1:15 p.m.|
Course level: Intermediate General tax preparation knowledge is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for up to 9 hours of continuing education for CPAs and CFPs; up to 9 federal tax hours for EAs and CRTPs (CTEC); and up to 7.5 General MCLE hours for attorneys. CFP level of complexity: Intermediate.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Compare Spidell to the others:
- FREE parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and soda/coffee break at all locations
- Spidell's top-rated speakers
- A printed, profit-generating manual
- 100% money back guarantee
- Personal and professional staff that cater to your needs
$50 cancellation fee if you cancel within seven (7) days of the seminar, or save the $50 fee and convert the seminar into self-study. Request refunds by July 31, 2019. No refunds will be issued after July 31, 2019. Call: (714) 776-7850.
*Discount valid through July 1, 2019.
These seminars have been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury's Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. These seminars and webinars are designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Live. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.