2018 Estate and Trust Webinar
2018 Estate and Trust On-Demand Webinar
Despite tax reform, trust return preparation is the fastest growing area in the tax world. Purchase this course and be ready to prepare returns and answer your clients’ trust questions. Presented by Renée Rodda, J.D. and Claudia Hill, EA, MBA.
Dig into basic 1041 preparation
- Walk through preparation of the return
- Learn about the importance of reading the trust document, and knowing what to look for
- Understand the differences when the 1041 is for the estate
- Discover elections frequently associated with 1041s
- See why you might elect to take administrative expenses on the trust rather than the estate
- Review the basics, including FEINs, exemption amounts under the TCJA, and the role of the fiduciary trust
- Grasp the importance of trust accounting income
- Compute DNI — see why you need to
- See how to handle distributions of current income after the end of the trust’s tax year
- Ask yourself, “What is my time and expertise worth?”
Estate and trust planning after TCJA
- Realize that your clients will still need trust and estate plans
- Learn about the benefits of different types of trusts
- Discuss whether portability is still an issue
- Take home examples of how different trusts work
- Review estate basis reporting after the TCJA
Customer service representatives available Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
|“Always relevant, practical and enjoyable.”|
Deborah Watson, CPA
|“There is so much value that I get out of attending Spidell courses. The material is succinct and relevant.”|
Jennifer L. McGarry, CPA
|EA||8 Fed Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Fed Tax|
|CA Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advance preparation is required.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs; 8 hours of federal tax CPE for CRTPs and EAs; 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys.
CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course
See why Spidell’s 2018 Estate and Trust Webinar is your best choice:
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides
- One person may watch and listen on one computer and print reference manual
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisified with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $59 more get the 2017/18 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study** good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Call (714) 776-7850, fax the order form, or order online.
How to order online:
- Add the 2017/18 Federal and California Tax Update Webinar to your cart.
- Add the 2017/18 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUSWEB17 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
**Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $80 when purchased separately.
This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. No advance preparation is required.