2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update Webinar (Various Dates)
December 9 and 10 SOLD OUT
— OR —
January 16 and 17
— OR —
January 30 and 31
8:30 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
Price: $279 $269.00*
*Discount valid through December 31, 2019.
Join more than 18,000 tax professionals who trust Spidell to prepare them for tax season
Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- Include IHSS payments for EIC (Feigh case)
- Discover why many taxpayers will still deal with alimony income and deductions
- Review mortgage interest limitations
- See how new NOL limitations may help your clients
- Take home a pension comparison chart. Which is best:
- Profit sharing plan?
- Defined benefit plan?
- Get penalty relief for missed RMDs
IRC §199A deduction
- Understand all the IRS clarifications from January until the webinar
- Review the basics and then dig into the complex
- Get Spidell’s take on when a rental qualifies for the deduction
- See exactly what deductions reduce QBI
- Walk through the computation
- See what the IRS says about paying wages to partners, members and sole proprietors
- Compare bonus depreciation to IRC §179 expensing
- Review new business meals and entertainment:
- 100%, 50%, or 0% deductible?
- What’s a meal?
- Is food provided to staff deductible?
- What’s a snack?
- Understand the new business loss haircut
- Don’t forget the sleeper: CPAR (partnership audit rules) in place
Real estate and investment
- See how passive losses interact with IRC §199A and the business haircut
- Review stock option income reporting and problems with broker statements
- Opportunity zone funds are the latest great tax strategy: see why
- Dig into the state’s attempt to abolish independent contractors
- Understand what Wayfair means to your California retailer clients
- Avoid FTB letters on §1031 reporting
- Consider exit strategies for high income clients leaving the state
- Find out about California’s health care mandate
- See how to elect retroactive conformity to:
- Small business accounting
- Partnership technical terminations
- Prepare your business clients for new required savings plan
- Uncover weird partial conformity to NOLs, 1031s, the business loss limitation, and ABLE and §529 plans
- Discover the new California young child tax credit
- Take advantage of tax planning strategies — come in November or December
- See how to request a first-time penalty abatement
- Understand the new federal Taxpayer First Act
- Review the mailbox rule
Searchable e-version of the
PDF Tax Update manual
|“I’ve been attending the Spidell update seminars for over 35 years and find them to be the most comprehensive one day seminar offered.”|
Joni Terens, EA
|“As always, the book was magnificent! Spidell’s update is the best 8-hour course, period!”|
William K. Barkhurst, CPA
|“I just cannot imagine a tax season without Spidell’s update and book.”|
Donna Nance, EA
2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update: What’s covered?
Renée Rodda, J.D., gives you a preview of topics that will be presented at the 2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update.
|EA**||6 Fed Update|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Fed Update and 2 CA|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Update
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
This seminar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs; 6 hours of Federal Update for EAs**; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE
CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course.
Can’t attend the live webinar?
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
We offer group discounts for parties of 11 or more. Call (714) 776-7850 for more information.
Sign up for our Tax Update, and for only $69 more get the 2019/20 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study† good for up to 8 hours of additional credit.
Call (714) 776-7850, fax the order form, or order online.
How to order online:
- Click on your choice of 2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update Webinar date below to add it to your cart:
- Add the 2019/20 Bonus CPE: Federal Tax Review Self-Study online version to your cart.
- Enter coupon code BONUS19 at checkout. The coupon code is case sensitive.
†Online version only. Available within 10 business days of course completion date. Online self-study is $89 when purchased separately.
See why Spidell’s 2019/20 Federal and California Tax Update Webinar is your best choice:
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee.** (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
**EAs will receive a 2-hour federal tax self-study to ensure up to 8 hours of CPE.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the on-demand webinar.
*Discount valid through December 31, 2019.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for CPAs (CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar or self-study versions of this course); 6 hours of Federal Update CPE for EAs; 6 hours of Federal Update and 2 CA for CRTPs; and 6.75 hours of General MCLE credit for attorneys. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 8 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Update. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.