2019 Real Estate Update and Review Webinar (August 2019)
Early August 2019 Date TBA
8:30 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
*Discount valid through May 1, 2019.
Focus on real estate and the §199A deduction
It’s not too soon to register for a two-day deep dive into all things real estate. You’ll get everything you need to know as well as insightful analysis on the most current information available, including the latest IRS updates on when income from rental real estate qualifies as QBI for purposes of the IRC §199A deduction.
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- Get principal residence issues down pat:
- Review the mortgage interest deduction in light of the TCJA
- Explore basis, including both inherited and gifted property
- Find out how divorcing clients, a deceased spouse, or a rental conversion affects the IRC §121 exclusion
- Delve into rental property:
- Examine depreciation issues, including repair regs and conversion of property
- Follow the conversion of a principal residence to a rental property and vice versa
- Get the latest on when you can use the IRC §199A deduction
- Understand the details on the sale of rental property
- Review Airbnb and other online short-term rental platforms for renting out your own residence
- Brush up on IRC §1031 exchanges
- Get the details on installment sales, including:
- How to handle tax when the former seller dies
- How to compute gain on the sale of your practice
- Investigate foreclosure and repossession issues
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|CA Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee.** (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
Can’t attend the live webinar? Order the on-demand version instead!
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.