Divorce Tax Planning: Including Tax Reform Changes
With this two-hour course, you will:
- Learn the cutoff for the elimination of alimony deductions:
- Understand urgency in finalizing alimony settlements
- Help your client (and the attorney) plan for the change in alimony rules
- Be ready for major timing issue with the courts
- Review dependent credits for children of divorced parents under tax reform
- Understand community property and income splitting for separated couples
- Prepare for the property settlement battle:
- The family business
- Pensions and stock options
- Residences and rental property, including passive loss issues
- Continue readiness for IRS and FTB audits of alimony under current rules — there’s no change for existing divorces
- Get the do’s and don’ts for creating the financially smart divorce
|EA||2 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||2 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||1.5 General MCLE|
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 2 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Access to recording to watch at your convenience
- Reference manual and PDF of PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $20 per additional attendee. Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Want to order by phone? Call us at: (714) 776-7850
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Lynn “Ms. California Tax” Freer is President of Spidell Publishing, Inc.® She works closely with all state tax agencies and is often consulted for input on policy decisions. She always has the inside information on what’s happening at the state level because she devotes herself full time to analyzing, writing about, and teaching California tax law and procedures. Lynn speaks at Spidell’s annual Federal and California Tax Update Seminars, as well as many other seminars and webinars.
Renée is Vice President of Spidell Publishing, Inc.® and editor of Spidell’s California Taxletter® and Spidell’s Analysis & Explanation of California Taxes®. She authors the California chapters of Spidell’s Federal and California Tax Update seminar manual and is a regular speaker at Spidell’s fall update seminars, summer seminars, and webinars. She has a BA from San Diego State University and is a graduate of Chapman University School of Law with a Tax Law Emphasis.
This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education. This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The state boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 2 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Basic. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Self-Study. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.