Fundamentals of Fraud Prevention & Detection (May 16)
Thursday, May 16, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time
This course addresses fraud related issues from the perspective of small- and medium-sized accounting firms. The goal of this course is to enhance the accountant’s ability to recognize, detect, and prevent fraud; increase fraud awareness; help accountants and auditors understand their role in addressing fraud; and identify the most common types of fraud currently perpetrated in today’s fast-paced business environment. Topics include an assessment of the statistical information identified by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners in their 2018 Report to the Nations; a summary of the fraud related requirements for preparation, compilation, review, and audit engagements; and a look back at the top ten accounting scandals.
With this four-hour course, you will:
- Identify potential red flags indicating that material fraud may exist
- Identify the typical profile of someone that commits fraud, embezzlement, or misappropriates assets
- Identify the fraud triangle: pressure, opportunity, and rationalization
- Identify why individuals commit fraud
- Identify the most common types of fraud and when fraud is most likely to occur
- Identify the best methods for fraud detection
- Identify the accountant’s responsibility to report fraud under the compilation and review standards
- Identify the auditor’s fraud related responsibilities for financial statement engagements
- Identify the benefits employers can achieve with an effective whistleblower program
- Identify methods to reduce a CPA’s exposure to fraud risk
Course level: Basic
No advanced preparation is required.
- 4 hours of CPE for one attendee (CPAs only)
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $30 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Three easy ways to order:
Download order form below and fax to (714) 776-9906, call us at (714) 776-7850, or order online!
Can’t attend the live webinar? Order the on-demand version instead!
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Arturo Ramudo, CPA, CISA
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Accounting (Fraud). Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.