2019 Real Estate Update and Review Webinar (July 31 and August 1)
July 31 and August 1
8:30 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
*Discount valid through July 1, 2019.
Focus on real estate and the IRC §199A deduction
Spend a day with us in July at Spidell’s annual summer seminar. This year’s day is devoted to understanding new TCJA real estate issues and deep dives into areas that are hot IRS and FTB audits right now.
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- Understand when and how to claim IRC §199A on rental real estate
- Find out if owning one rental can qualify as a trade or business
- Understand how the safe harbor election works
- See how aggregating for the safe harbor is completely different than for real estate professionals
- Learn what can be aggregated with what
- See why the majority of taxpayers lose a real estate professional audit
- Get principal residence issues down pat:
- Review the mortgage interest deduction in light of the TCJA
- Explore basis and the IRC §121 exclusion for inherited and gifted property
- Find out how divorcing clients, deceased spouses, or prior rental of a property affect IRC §121
- Review critical depreciation issues for rental property
- What’s the status of repair regulations for landlords?
- Can you claim an IRC §179 deduction on residential or commercial rental property?
- When and how is depreciation recaptured?
- Properly report short-term rentals on the 1040
- Uncover the hidden pitfalls when doing a §1031 exchange
- Grasp drop and swap
- Be aware of due dates and extensions
- Know the details of timing and record-keeping
- Review the status of cost segregation studies
- Work through complex installment sale computations and subsequent repossessions
- Get the details on the great new Opportunity Zone Fund investments
Three easy ways to order:
Download order form below and fax to (714) 776-9906, call us at (714) 776-7850, or order online!
|EA||8 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||8 Federal Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar version of this course
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee.** (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Can’t attend the live webinar?
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
*Discount valid through July 1, 2019.
This webinar has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.