2020 Summer Tax (Date TBD)
Late July 2020 Date TBA
8:30 a.m. to Noon Pacific Time
Price: $279.00 $249.00*
Dig into nonresidents, real property, choice of entity, and K-1 to 1040
This July at Spidell’s 2020 Summer Tax Webinar, you’ll get the detailed information you need to cut your clients’ taxes, reduce audit exposure, and be the best you can be for your client.
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
Nonresidents — how to become one and what’s taxable
Presented by: Lynn Freer, EA
- Understand how to end California residency
- Plan for disposing of business and investment assets after becoming a nonresident
- Prepare in advance for a likely residency audit
- Find out when California can tax nonresidents’ stock options, intangibles, and pensions
- See how California taxes nonresident sole proprietors and see how to reduce that tax liability
Real property transactions
Presented by: Alan Pinck, EA
- Learn how to properly report sales of rental and business property
- Dig into effects of gifting real property — is it ever a good idea?
- What happens to suspended passive losses?
- How do you compute the recipient’s depreciation?
- How is gift tax reported?
- Understand how holding title affects tax on the sale and inherited basis
- Plan which property your client should receive in the divorce
- Understand California’s Proposition 13 issues when transferring property
Choice of entity
Presented by: Renée Rodda, J.D.
- See how and why to elect corporate treatment for an LLC
- Compare IRC §199A benefits when picking an entity type
- Use Spidell’s Choice of Entity Comparison Chart to help the decision
- Understand the benefits and pitfalls of using an LLC for estate planning purposes
- Answer the question: Is a single member LLC a good idea?
Properly report partnership K-1s on the 1040
Presented by: Tim Hilger, CPA
- See where all the IRC §199A information goes
- Uncover the IRC §199A safe harbor election on K-1s combined with other rental property
- Understand the required basis reporting requirements
- See how to claim IRC §179 and IRC §754 elections on the partner’s current and future 1040s
- Take home a worksheet to track partnership/LLC items from year to year
|EA||6 Federal Tax|
|CRTP (CTEC)||6 Federal Tax, 2 CA Tax|
|Attorney||6.75 General MCLE|
Course level: Intermediate
General tax preparation knowledge is required.
CFPs do not receive credit for the webinar version of this course
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund, hassle-free. Guaranteed.
- Up to 8 hours of CPE for one attendee. (Additional CPE is not available for this course. All attendees must purchase the webinar in order to receive CPE.)
- Searchable e-version of the PDF manual and PowerPoint slides.
- One person may watch and listen on one computer.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
*Discount valid through June 1, 2020.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Return Preparer Office; including sections 10.6 and 10.9 of Department of Treasury’s Circular No. 230 (Provider No. CRA7E); the California State Board of Accountancy; the California Bar Association; and the California Tax Education Council. This does not constitute an endorsement by these groups. The State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at 714-776-7850. Spidell Publishing, Inc. has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer continuing education courses that count as credit towards the annual “continuing education” requirement imposed by the State of California for CTEC Registered Tax Preparers. A listing of additional requirements to renew tax preparer registration may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890, or by phone at 877-850-2832, or on the internet at www.CTEC.org.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This course has been designed to meet the requirements for the specified number of hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Level: Intermediate. Field of Study: Taxes. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. General tax preparation knowledge is required.