Fundamentals of Fraud Prevention & Detection (October 28)
Wednesday, October 28
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time
This course addresses fraud related issues from the perspective of small- and medium-sized accounting firms. The goal of this course is to enhance the accountant’s ability to recognize, detect, and prevent fraud; increase fraud awareness; help accountants and auditors understand their role in addressing fraud; and identify the most common types of fraud currently perpetrated in today’s fast-paced business environment. Topics include an assessment of the statistical information identified by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners in their 2020 Report to the Nations; a summary of the fraud related requirements for preparation, compilation, review, and audit engagements; and a look back at the top ten accounting scandals.
Upon completion of this four-hour course, you will identify:
- Potential red flags indicating that material fraud may exist
- The typical profile of someone that commits fraud, embezzlement, or misappropriates assets
- The fraud triangle: pressure, opportunity, and rationalization
- Why individuals commit fraud
- The most common types of fraud and when fraud is most likely to occur
- The best methods for fraud detection
- The accountant’s responsibility to report fraud under the compilation and review standards
- The auditor’s fraud related responsibilities for financial statement engagements
- The benefits employers can achieve with an effective whistleblower program
- Methods to reduce CPA exposure to fraud risk
Course level: Basic
There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Enter current special offer information here.
Arturo is a former Board of Accountancy investigator, a nationally recognized public speaker, researcher, and seminar leader with 35 years of experience in taxation, ethics, standards of practice, and internal quality control. Art owns and operates his own public accountancy firm offering services to both the public and private sectors. He represents CPAs before the California Board of Accountancy’s disciplinary committee, provides litigation support, performs peer reviews, and offers advisory services concerning all aspects of ethical practice.
Can’t attend the live webinar?
Order the on-demand version instead.
You must have computer speakers to listen to this webinar.
Please contact our Customer Service department at (714) 776-7850 to cancel the webinar or switch to the on-demand version. No refunds will be issued after noon the day before the webinar.
Guarantee of excellence
Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are not completely satisfied with this course in any way, we will provide you with a full refund.
- 4 hours of CPE for one attendee
- Unlimited number of people may watch and listen on one computer and print course outline
- PDFs of reference manual and PowerPoint slides
- Add CPE for only $30 per additional attendee (additional CPE attendees must take an exam to receive credit). Please contact our customer service department to register for additional CPE at (714) 776-7850.
Prefer to order via phone?
Give us a call at (714) 776-7850 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT. Our friendly customer service representatives are available to assist you.
Everything you need to know about Spidell webinars
Take advantage of the convenience of Spidell webinars and get the most practical tax CPE without leaving your office.
Spidell Publishing, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This webinar is designed to meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education for the California Board of Accountancy. Basic Level. Field of Study: Fraud. Delivery method: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints or refunds, contact Spidell Publishing at (714) 776-7850. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required.